60+ Easy Sewing Gifts for Kids (from Santa!)
These sewing projects for kids are the perfect DIY gifts for Christmas!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
This collection of 60+ Easy Sewing Gifts (from Santa) is your guide to a budget-friendly holiday without the hassle!
Say no to overpriced, department store junk, and learn how to make a toy, piece of clothing, or other gifts for your child that are built to last.
Everyone knows parents help Santa out with presents. This collection of homemade Christmas gifts lets you take a more hands-on approach to gift-giving this year. Not only is it fiscally responsible to make a toy instead of buying one, but it's also fun!
These DIY gift ideas are sure to be the most wanted this holiday season, and there's a little something for every little one in your life.
Most of these projects are also beginner-friendly, so if you're just learning how to sew, you'll find fun projects you can make as well.
Let go of the stress this season and enjoy creating homemade Christmas gifts the kids will love.
Looking for more DIY gift ideas? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Sewing It Up, to get free sewing patterns delivered directly to your inbox!
DIY Baby Toys and Gifts
Possibly one of the simplest groups to give to because they can’t speak, sewing for babies also involves easy sewing projects. Don’t spend a ton of time on large garments or elaborate toys. Sew something small with guaranteed cute-appeal from this collection. Whether you’re learning how to make a toy for the little one or creating an adorable onesie, these homemade gifts are sure to please.
- Round Quilted Play Mat
- Soft Star Taggie
- Baby Mary Jane Shoes
- Adorable Baby Romper
- Dino-Riffic Car Seat Canopy
- Reversible Receiving Blanket
- Travel Change and Play Mat
- Easy Baby Leg Warmers
- Ridiculously Easy State Pride Baby Onesie
- Extremely Easy Flannel Blanket
- Simple Baby Dress
- Football Baby Blanket
- Little Lamb Pillows
- Super Simple Burp Cloth
- Soft Patterned Baby Bibs
- Baby's Room Pillowcases
- Snazzy Appliqued Onesie
- Quack and Easy Onesie
- Simple Stuffie
For more homemade gift ideas, download our free eBook, "The Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide" eBook
How to Make a Toy
If you’re going to delve into toy making, it’s best to start with easy sewing projects. You know the technique and you’re good at it. Let’s leave the wood and metal out of these DIY toys for now. Learning how to make a toy from the samples below will save you time and money this year. Don’t overthink it; take the "Santa’s elves" approach and choose an easy and quick sewing project for your homemade gifts this year.
- Sock Sloth Plushie Pattern
- Bean Bag Toss Tutorial
- Star Wars Inspired C-3PO DIY Toy
- Fabric Memory Game Tutorial and Template
- Adorable Stuffed Animal Costume
- Soccer Sister Doll
- Vegetable Garden Quiet Book
- I-Spy Dry Erase Bag
- Fat Quarter Crafting Apron
- Embroidered Alpaca DIY Plushie
- Felt Toy Truck
- Shark Stuffed Softie
- Memory Match Game Quiet Book
- Fleece Fox Puppet
- Warren the Charity Bear
- Fuzzy Stuffed Bunny
- DIY Baby Doll Carrier
- Tic Tac Toe Yo Yo Game Board
- Football Pig
- Plush Fox Pattern
- DIY Play Kitchen Mat
- Child's Outdoor Tent
- Children's Hula Hoop Play Tent
- Sewing Play Food
From diaper bags and onesies to baby blankets galore, there's so much to choose from in this collection of cute baby gift ideas! 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
Homemade Clothing Patterns for Kids
You remember it growing up; styles change constantly. It’s hard to keep your wallet and brain up with the latest fashion. Really, there’s no formula to creating clothing that will fit the latest trend, your budget, and hold your kids’ interests for a long time. Your best bet to wearable, homemade, Christmas gifts is to create classic clothing. These pieces are timeless. Whether your child is just leaving toddlerhood or a too-cool teen, homemade Christmas gifts like these are a sure bet.
- Girl's Faux Shearling Vest Pattern
- Simple Cardigan
- 2 Tee Tie-Back Dress
- Basic Kids' Pants
- Free Pillowcase Dress Tutorial
- Bluebell Reversible Scalloped Skirt
- Child Size Skinny Jeans
- Lovely Little Tunic
- The Eddie Cap Tutorial
- Kid Size Football Jersey
- Bear Necessities Hoodie
- Rumble Tumble Coveralls
- DIY Ella Dress
- 15 Minute Pajama Pants
- Two Hour Girls' Dress Tutorial
- Adorable Argyle DIY Hoodie
Looking for more easy Christmas ideas? Then don't miss our reader-favorite collection of American Girl inspired sewing projects! How to Make American Girl Doll Clothes: 16+ Free Doll Clothes Patterns
What's the best Christmas present you've ever received? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Your wallet will love this Dollar Store Placemat Tote Bag. Almost any material can be used to make a DIY tote bag, but using placemats… Continue reading: "Dollar Store Placemat Tote Bag"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Fleece Poncho Pattern For Kids
- How To Sew Fleece Blankets
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- Double Layer Chiffon Blouse Free Tutorial
- Diy Wine Dispenser From A Christmas Stocking
- Easy Diy Infinity Scarf
- Adorable 12-18 Month Old Dress Pattern
- No Sew Halloween Cape
- Diy Dog Ghost Costume
- Diy Grim Reaper Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners