This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Quilted DIY Pot Holder
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
The perfect DIY kitchen accessory, this easy potholder project is perfect for beginners and advanced sewers. This quick sewing pattern is a great DIY gift idea, as it has a fun pattern that can brighten anybody's home. An affordable DIY project with waves of creativity, this potholder sewing pattern has it all.
From the Blogger: "Are your potholders totally destroyed? I know most of mine are, so when I was out fabric shopping and came across this adorable kitchen utensil fabric I knew I had to have it and make a cute DIY pot holder out of it! This is such a fun and fast project that would make a great gift or keep it for yourself to replace some of those embarrassingly stained ones (we all have them)! Have fun making your own pot holders! They'd be great as gifts with a mixing bowl and utensils too!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- 1/4 yard of quilt batting
- 1/4 yard of printed fabric
- 1/4 yard of terrycloth
- 1 yard of bias tape, buy it premade or make your own
Read NextSummer Citrus DIY Coasters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 26, 2018
Making this quilted potholder is a great introduction to easy machine quilting. I would add that the batting for the potholder should be cotton batting, not polyester and perhaps an insulating fabric thermal layer could be added to extra protect hands from oven heat. All in all, a nice sewing project.
allisonpowell 9433 295
Oct 16, 2016
where are the instructions? Please
Nov 02, 2016
Hi allison, if you click where it says 'Click here for the sewing pattern', it will take you to the blogger's site where the instructions are located. Thanks!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Plastic Bag Dispensers
Stop shoving all those plastic bags into the cupboard or under the sink! These Plastic Bag Dispensers will solve all your storage… Continue reading: "Plastic Bag Dispensers"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners