Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Zipper Rescue Kit Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Zipper Rescue Kit Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
No need to replace that coat with the broken zipper! This DIY solution from Zipper Rescue makes for an easy fix.
Zipper Rescue provides new sliders and easy-to-use instructions so you can fix any zipper yourself! The kit comes with a variety of colors and sizes for the sliders. There are different types of kits, including clothing or outdoor. Fix zippers on coats, dresses, bags, purses, and more.
It was New Year's Eve and I was wearing a brand new, beautiful coat. I had splurged a little to buy it, and felt amazing wearing it out downtown on such a fun holiday! Unfortunately, when I put it back on after attending an event that night, I realized the zipper had somehow broken in the coat check. I was disappointed that the zipper was broken already, and thought that was the end for this coat.
Zipper fixes can be expensive, as many tailors want you to remove the zipper entirely and put in a new one. However, sometimes it's not the entire zipper that needs to be replaced, but the slider. The track known as 'tape' is probably just fine. Sliders tend to jam or break, which causes issues like gaping or sticking.
With these kits, you can insert a new slider on your tape, and you're ready to go! No more fighting a broken zipper any time you want to use your favorite bag or clothing. Plus, you'll save money on entirely replacing the item with the broken zipper.
Zipper Rescue is a budget-friendly and quick solution to your broken zipper. Instead of taking that coat to the tailor, try a new slider and see if it's the magic fix you've been looking for.
Read NextSumatra Batik Fabric Collection
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
lccousineau 761057 8
Mar 16, 2017
The most annoying sewing problem I have had is when the pointer goes lightly off on my electronic machine and I can't click on the choices on the bottom of the screen. I find this particularly annoying because I must take my machine to the repair shop to solve the problem. Apart from the 2 occurences when that happened, I absolutely love my Husqvarna Ruby machine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Plastic Bag Dispensers
Stop shoving all those plastic bags into the cupboard or under the sink! These Plastic Bag Dispensers will solve all your storage… Continue reading: "Plastic Bag Dispensers"
- Chance to win the Sumatra Batik Fabric Collection!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Chance to win Fabric Editions Baby Fabric Collection!
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Chance to win Bountiful Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win a Craft Filling Sampler!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners