Mini Star Quilt Inspired By Old English Tiles
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Learn how to put together this mini octagonal star patchwork quilt that was inspired by old English tiles, using the foundation paper piecing method. Free patterns are provided for both foundation paper piecing and conventional piecing. This tutorial guides you through the cutting and piecing sequence using the foundation paper piecing method. If you do not wish to use foundation paper, I have also included a link to download the individual shapes’ templates so you can piece them using the conventional way, and you may still follow the piecing sequence described in this tutorial."
NotesThis quilt design is inspired by old ceramic English tiles, particularly, these ones seen in the halls and courtyard of the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (a.k.a. Blue Mansion), Penang, Malaysia.
This being an experimental quilting project for me, I did not have any specific purpose for this quilt top. I quilted it with some light polyester batting and some remnant cotton fabric as backing. Although this quilt is laden with mistakes, pleats and puckers, it has taught me so many handy lessons - which I have also shared in my blog post.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteLonger than a weekend
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Star Wars-Inspired Reversible Fleece Quilt
- Windmills Quilt Pattern
- Simple Lazy Quilt Tutorial
- Striped Heart Mini Quilt
- Simply Darling Baby Quilt Pattern
- 45+ Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners
- 18 Perfect Little Baby Quilt Patterns
- Fat Quarter Patchwork Beginner Quilt
- Nine Patch Tutorial
- Mesa Mini Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Scrunchies 3 Ways!
- Diy Bookmark
- How to Sew Slippery Fabric
- Pincushion Pattern : Pin Girls
- Free Pillow Sham Pattern
- Quilted Table Runner Pattern For Spring
- Nine Patch Tutorial
- How To Make Scrunchies From T-shirts
- 12+ Star Wars Sewing Patterns
- No-sew Lovebug Hoodie
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners