Robie Kaye Dodson
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
I sew. Occasionally I raise children. But always I sew.
In fact, it's become a bedtime ritual for my children for me to 'sew them to sleep'. They have grown to love the soothing sound of mom sitting at the sewing machine right outside their bedrooms. I'm thankful they love that noise and not the vacuum cleaner's noise!
I have been sewing for 10 years. After marrying the most delightful yet incredibly frugal (and sexy) man on the planet, I realized quickly that I'd never have nice curtains if I didn't learn to make them myself. So, I convinced this frugal man to pay for a sewing class for me. It was the best $120 that either of us ever spent. I have been sewing non-stop since then and I have never grown tired of it. In fact, I'd say I have developed a clinical addiction!
While I've taught myself many challenging skills, I still prefer projects that meet three criteria: FAST, EASY & CHEAP! With three preschoolers, that's the only combination that makes sense for my life so that's what I make and that's what I blog about at www.SoSewSomething.com.
I sew for me, my children, my home and the public via my Etsy shop: www.Parsimony.Etsy.com. My shop is created with the notion that you don't have to spend a ton of money to look fabulous. I create and sell custom-made dresses for women of all sizes with an effort to keep the costs as low possible.
Easy Fabric Napkins
Elastic Waistband Skirt for Spring
Easy Headband Tutorial
Ridiculously Easy Reversible Headband
Enclosed Elastic Headband
Tissue Pouch Tutorial
Maternity Wrap Skirt
Scrap Fabric Flower Pin
My Mommy Skirt: A Reverse Applique Tutorial
The Best Washable Nursing Pads
How to Copy Your Favorite Dress
Anthropologie Inspired Ruffled Scarf
How to Make a Quick Cuff Bracelet
Onesie Dress Tutorial
No Sew Covered Button Pushpins
Boo Boo Rice Bags
Candy Corn Garland
Pretty Little Clutch
Never Been Seen Napkin Rings
Decorative Lined Curtains
Embellishment Ribbon Headband
Anthropologie Inspired Ruffle Scarf
Mug Rug and Applique Heart Pocket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern is one of those easy sewing projects you do not want to miss. Use a single fat quarter to learn how… Continue reading: "Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners