Rebecca George from Purple and Lime
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Rebecca George is a handmade blogger and owner of the Chicago-based fashion line Purple and Lime. Originally a Cincinnati native, she studied Art History and Geology at the University of Michigan. From there, Rebecca earned another degree in Fashion Design and Marketing from AIU in London, England.
While living in the UK, several pieces from her graduation collection were featured in the fashion magazine i-D. She also had the honor to work on belt pouches for the movie Elizabeth: The Golden Age (which won an Oscar for Best Costume).
A few years after moving to Chicago she started her own fashion business. Originally focusing on womenswear, Rebecca participated in the first-ever Cincinnati Fashion Week in 2010.
In addition, since 2011 Rebecca has taught fellow crafters in Chicago about handmade marketing and selling in group classes and private lessons. Blogging has allowed her to now reach an even wider audience, encouraging others to get creative and even run their own handmade business!
Table of Contents
Projects on AllFreeSewing
- 9 Common Sewing Machine Problems and Solutions
- 10 Tips for How to Make Homemade Clothes Look Professional
- Are Sewing Machines Easy to Use?
- Best Fabrics for Summer
- Best Glue for Fabric (and the Worst!)
- Big Daisy Fabric Flower Pin Tutorial
- Christmas Gnome Ornament (or Pincushion)
- Couture Sewing Techniques: How to Add a "Couture" Touch
- Different Types of Buttons: A Guide for Sewing
- DIY Denim Flower Hair Clip
- Fab Faux Fur Cactus Fabric Earrings DIY
- Faux Fur Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Felt Cactus Embroidery Hoop Wall Art
- How Can I Get Better at Sewing Faster?
- How to Get Started Sewing Clothes: A Beginner's Guide
- How to Make a Peace Sign Necklace from Denim
- How to Organize a Small Sewing Room
- How to Pre Wash Fabric Without Fraying
- How to Sew a French Seam
- How to Sew a Ripped Seam
- How to Sew on Sequins: Tips and Techniques for Adding Sparkle
- How to Sew Slippery Fabric
- How to Sew Two Pieces of Fabric Together: 6 Essential Tips
- How to Use a Sewing Kit
- How to Use Liquid Stitch
- Scandinavian Christmas Felt Garland
- Thread for Sewing Machine: What's Best?
- Types of Clothing Closures
- Types of Sewing Machines and Their Uses
- What Fabrics Can Be Tie-Dyed?
Posts on Seams and Scissors
Posts on Creative Income
Spring Cleaning Checklist: Recharge Your Etsy Shop
How to Source the Best Keywords for Your Etsy Shop
The Six Most Useful Apps for Your Handmade Business
Go Vertical at Your Next Craft Show!
3 Reasons You Should Print Your Own Shipping Labels
Handmade Selling: 5 Tips for Staying Positive During the Slow Times
How to Use Hashtags on Facebook for Your Crafty Business
Encouraging Repeat Customers In Your Handmade Business
Email Organization for Crafty Business Owners
How to Manage Custom Orders on Etsy
Shipping Tips for Online Handmade Sellers
Preparing for Outdoor Craft Shows
Using Signage at a Craft Show
Your Etsy Shop Avatar- Why It’s Important
Etsy Tips for Vintage Sellers
5 Etsy New Year’s Resolutions
5 Essential Terms for New Etsy Sellers
The Importance of Joining Etsy Teams
Why You Should Create Etsy Treasuries
Preparing Your Online Store for the Holiday Rush
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Half Hour Circle Stitch Clutch delivers what the name implies. In thirty minutes you can dominate DIY purses and bags by creating… Continue reading: "Half Hour Circle Stitch Clutch"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders
- How To Choose Fabric For Sewing Clothing
- Tips To Sew Sweater Knit
- How To Sew An Invisible Zipper In A Pillow
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- Imposter Plush To Sew For Your Gamer Kid
- Kids Farmhouse Apron Sewing Tutorial
- Barbie Tulle Dress Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners