Rolled Hem with a Serger
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Did you know you can use your serger to sew both narrow and rolled hems? You may find that serging a rolled hem is actually a lot easier than the classic rolled hem method! In this tutorial you’ll learn how to sew a quick and beautiful serged rolled hem on your overlock machine! Ever wanted to make a serged rolled hem with your overlocker? I personally find it a lot easier to make a serger rolled hem than the classic method highlighted here. Serging a rolled hem is basically a matter of changing your overlocker settings and removing one of the needles so you end up sewing with three threads."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- How to Add a Pocket
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Make a Pattern
- How to Choose the Best Fabric for Skirts
- Is Making Your Own Clothes Cheaper?
- Letting Out Pants
- Fix Sewing Machine Tension Problems
- 9 Sewing Machine Problems and Solutions
- Know Your Skirts Guide [Infographic]
- Sewing Machine Maintenance: How to Clean a Sewing Machine
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Postcards
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Diy Pull Up Fabric Bows
- Free Mama Claus Apron Pattern
- Ripstop Reusable Grocery Bag
- Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament
- Fuzzy Fleece Infinity Scarf
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Yoyo Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners