This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
Diaper Clutch and Waterproof Changing Mat
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
From the blogger: "This project is a great baby shower gift. Use oilcloth to create an adorable diaper clutch and a waterproof changing mat. I love this clutch for when you don't want to take a full diaper bag or when you take the baby somewhere that a diaper bag would look out of place! This project is great for all levels. This is also a fun project for adding fun pom pom details and super fun snaps! This turned out so cute! Who will you make this for?"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Pom Pom Trim
- Kam Snaps
Cut the fabric.
Sew the clutch, adding pom pom trim.
Sew the changing mat.
Add Kam Snaps.
Read NextFabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 23, 2017
What a super great idea for a baby shower gift for that special someone.This waterproof changing mat is a great idea for traveling or for taking to change baby on the beach or even a picnic outing so you do not have to go to the rest rooms. I have just recently worked with oilcloth and it is a little difficult at first but if you google it there are some tutorial or videos to show easy way to do it. Good tutorial.
Mar 08, 2017
Maybe you should pick a better trim than pom poms, wouldn't the baby be able to grab and put them in his/her mouth. Concerned comment only, not criticizing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
5 Minute Free Bag Pattern
Beginner sewing projects need to be two things. They need to be easy and they need to be small. When you start out sewing and learning… Continue reading: "5 Minute Free Bag Pattern"
- Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern
- Free Baby Bloomers Pattern And Tutorial
- 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
- How to Make a Baby Bib
- Ultimate Baby Bib Tutorial
- DIY Shopping Cart Cover
- Grow-With-Me Baby Harem Pants
- Easy to Sew Reversible Baby Romper Pattern
- Toddler Bow Headband Sewing Pattern
- Free Baby Legging Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners