24+ Graduation Gift Ideas for Her
Find the perfect present for your daughter or granddaughter with this list of DIY graduation gifts!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
It's high time to start thinking about homemade graduation gifts, and we've got you covered. These 24+ Graduation Gift Ideas for Her range from easy homemade presents, like cute clutches, to hanging makeup organizers.
Browse through our collection of creative homemade gifts so that you can get the right ideas to prepare the emerging adult in your life. Whether your girl is college-bound or starting a new job, these graduation gift ideas for her are the perfect preparation for adulthood.
Don't stress over what to give as a graduation gift anymore; these ideas will have you crafting in no time. We think these amazing project tutorials, patterns, and ideas are perfect for a young woman just out of college and we think you'll agree!
Sign Up For More Free Patterns >>>
Looking for the perfect gift idea? Then don't miss our craft video on how to make a t-shirt quilt!
Table of Contents
Looking for back to school projects for little ones? Then don't miss our collection of sewing projects to make with your grandkids! 31 Back to School Projects to Make with Your Grandkids
Creative Homemade Gifts that are in the Bag
If there's one thing that's a complete college essential, it's a handy tote bag or backpack that's durable yet lightweight to carry across campus. Help your graduate prepare for college life with these bags and organizers that are perfect for carrying her essentials from class to class. Plus, if your recent grad is heading out into the work world, these DIY tote bags are ideal for the office, and are light enough to take on the train to and from work.
- Check Me Out Library Tote PatternDesign a classic and roomy tote bag that's perfect for hauling library books, toys, and all of your other necessities with this Check Me Out Library Tote Pattern. This free tote bag pattern uses a 1/2 yard of fabric to create a quick and simple bag that's great for running to the library..
- Big Books Library BagDitch the standard tote and make the funny Big Books Library Bag. This helpful tutorial shows readers how to make a library bag perfect for trips to your favorite place. Use this free tote bag pattern to impress your fellow reading enthusiasts!
- Four Step Leather Tote TutorialMake a simple and chic leather tote bag that's big enough to hold your laptop with this free sewing pattern. With this Four Step Leather Tote Tutorial, you can create a sleek and stylish bag that's roomy enough to hold all of your essentials and can even double as a laptop case.
- Bow BackpackGo back to school in style with this homemade Bow Backpack. Use this free, easy sewing pattern to make a backpack with cute bow embellishments that will hold all of your books and other essential school supplies. The unique and vintage look of this free backpack is sure to delight any student.
- Cheat Sew a ClutchWant to learn how to cheat sew a clutch? It's never been easier to learn how to make a clutch bag than by using this "cheating" method. Let this simple idea inspire you to grab fabric you have on hand and turn it into a useful clutch.
- Chevron Wristlet PatternIf you've been wanting to try your hand at the chevron trend, use the Chevron Wristlet Pattern to make this handy bag. This free sewing tutorial and pattern will teach you how to make a clutch bag that's small enough to carry alone but large enough to hold the basic essentials.
- The Kennedy BagThis The Kennedy Bag will stand out on the street. Created from flashy and fab patterns, this bag will quickly become your go-to bag for the work day.
Organization Graduation Gifts
You can never have too many organizers! Help your grad keep her dorm room or small apartment in tip top shape with these pretty and functional DIY organizers that are fantastic for storing jewelry, makeup, and other small necessities. These organizer sewing patterns can be hung from doors or on walls, so they're ideal for small spaces. Plus, these useful sewing projects are super easy to customize for your grad with ribbon, lace, or other trim.
- Bedside Pocket Organizer TutorialIf you love keeping your home organized, then you'll fall head over heels for this Bedside Pocket Organizer Tutorial. Made with a few yards of fabric, this DIY organizer is great for adult or kids' bedrooms and stores small toys, books, and even your cell phone.
- Door OrganizerRunning out the door and forgetting something can be annoying. Here's the solution! Make the Door Organizer and keep everything you need in one place. You won't have to think about where your keys and phone are. Instead, just grab your stuff and go!
- Bed Pockets TutorialMessy bedroom getting you down? Get organized with this Bed Pockets Tutorial, which provides neat organizational patterns for pockets to hang on your bed frame.
- Hanging Jewelry HolderOnce you know how to make a hanging jewelry organizer there's no excuse to let your jewelry collection clutter up your bedroom. The Hanging Jewelry Holder is great for home and if you're looking for how to make a travel jewelry case, it's easily transportable!
- DIY Hair Tool PouchKeep your expensive curling and straightening irons safe when you travel with this handy tutorial for a DIY Hair Tool Pouch. Similar to travel cases from designers like Vera Bradley, this DIY travel case is the best way to protect your styling tools from scratches or damages.
- DIY Makeup Brush RollKeep your makeup brushes organized and clean with this simple sewing project that's the perfect gift idea for women, teens, and tweens. This DIY Makeup Brush Roll is a handy way to use a printed half yard of fabric, and is a great beginner sewing project that's pretty and functional.
- Hanging Makeup RollIf you're looking for instructions on how to make a makeup brush roll check out this free sewing project. Use the Hanging Makeup Roll when you're home and on the go. This makeup organizer is designed to keep your brushes within reach when you need them.
- Almost No Sew Ring Display CaseThis Almost No Sew Ring Display Case is the perfect project to improve your jewelry or craft organization. As the name implies, there is barely any sewing involved with this project. Merely a few stitches will allow you to make a ring holder that will artfully display your bling. This DIY jewelry organizer depends on a cheap frame that you can upcycle into a ring holder and scraps of linen and batting. Follow these sewing instructions to learn how to upcycle an old frame into a functional jewelry case.
DIY Dorm Gifts & Apartment Ideas
Decorating small spaces like dorms or studio apartments can be difficult, but these thrifty sewing patterns are the perfect solution to brightening up a dorm room. From personalized sheets to comfy DIY seating, these easy sewing projects are quick and budget-friendly ways to makeover a boring dorm room. We've even thrown in a few pretty DIY organizers so that she can make the most of her small space.
- Spring Embroidered Canvas ArtMix up your normal sewing routine with a fun embroidery project that adds a pop of color to your living room, bedroom, or office. This Spring Embroidered Canvas Art is a whimsical and charming project that instantly brightens up any room, and mixes embroidery with easy no sew techniques.
- Dollar Store Recycled Rug PoufsWith just a few materials from the dollar store, you can learn how to sew a bean bag chair. Place Dollar Store Recycled Rug Poufs anywhere extra seating is needed. They'd also be perfect for a kid's room. Let this free sewing tutorial lead through each step.
- Fabric Storage BoxesLet this tutorial lead you through every step and soon you'll know how to make a fabric box. Use your decorative fabric box to organize children's toys, your sewing supplies or other clutter around the house. This fabric box pattern is cute and useful!
- Beginner DIY Braided RugSpring cleaning is just around the corner, so if you've been looking for a way to empty out your fabric stash, then you'll love this DIY rug project. This Beginner DIY Braided Rug is a tutorial that's great for using up scrap fabric and is a simple sewing project that teens and tweens can make.
- Fitted SheetsYou don't have to buy fitted sheets at the store anymore! Use this sewing tutorial and make your own! It's easy and low cost, and you can use whatever fabric design you like.
- Lickety Split Laundry BagWhen you are traveling, the last thing you want to think about is dirty laundry. Make your trip easier with this Lickety Split Laundry Bag tutorial. It is a travel-sized laundry bag with lining on the inside to keep your clothes looking new through the hustle and bustle of moving around.
- DIY T-Shirt Reconstruction PillowcasesThrowing away old t-shirts can be a tough decision to make. Oftentimes, these worn and faded tees hold special memories. Preserve your favorite sports team, event, school spirit, or vacation tee by creating these DIY T-Shirt Reconstruction Pillowcases.
- DIY Upcycled Sweater Mug CozyThere’s so many things you can make from one sweater, including this cute cozy! The sweater is nice and warm to keep a mug warm, and the stretch of the cuffs keeps it snug against the mug. This is a really fast and easy sewing project, and it makes a great gift!
Easy Homemade Presents for Devices
Help your grad keep all of her essential electronics organized and safe with these small sewing projects that are great for beginners. This list of gadget case patterns includes laptop cases, DIY Kindle covers, and iPhone stands, just to name a few. These budget-friendly sewing projects are must-makes that your graduate will use every day on campus or on her way to work.
- Missoni-Inspired DIY Laptop CaseIf you're in love with designer bags but can't bear spending the designer price, then you'll love this DIY laptop case that looks expensive while being easy on your budget. This Missoni-Inspired DIY Laptop Case is the best way to create a gorgeous bohemian bag that doubles as a laptop case and a tote.
- Kindle KeeperFollow this Kindle cover sewing pattern to make a Kindle keeper. This scrap-busting sewing tutorial makes a great gift for an avid reader.
- Simple Laptop SleeveLaptop sleeves and cases can be so boring in the stores. Why not try this free sewing project to make your own simple laptop sleeve, and protect your laptop in style?
- Zippered Laptop SleeveThis zippered laptop sleeve is covered in girly ruffles and a fabric flower. Use these free sewing craft patterns to design your own, and you can tote your laptop in style.
- This is one of those easy homemade presents that will protect her iPod in style.
- Arm Band PouchIf you're looking for an accessory that can hold necessary items so you're hands can take a break, make this arm band pouch. For running or walking, this colorful and stylish pouch can hold your ipod, cell phone or keys.
- Neat and Tidy DIY Charging StationKeep your messy cords and phone chargers in one place with this Neat and Tidy DIY Charging Station. Anybody with a cellphone would agree that a DIY phone charger holder like this is a perfect solution for tangled cords and general clutter.
- Leather Laptop CaseGive your laptop a stylish sleeve of protection. Make a Leather Laptop Case that you will love to show off on your walks to class, work, or the library. This DIY laptop case is easy to make, and it's budget-friendly too. There's no need to break the bank for a laptop case you will love.
Which of these DIY grad gifts is your favorite? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Salad Bowl Covers
- Free Sewing Patterns for Spring Fashion: 8 DIY Sewing Projects eBook
- Tattered Flowers for Embellishment
- Denim Flower Corsage
- 80+ Free Spring Sewing Patterns
- 30 Minute Tank Dress
- This Year's Spring Tote Tutorial
- Fabric Flower Tutorial
- Make Your Own Dress: 4 Spring Dresses for Women
- Plush Flowers in Pots
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy - Simple Dragon Wings For Kids
- Funky Fabric Storage Baskets Pattern
- Simple Casserole Carrier
- Cute Heart Denim Treat Bags
- Faux Chenille Baby Blanket
- Free Headband Sewing Patterns
- Diy Hair Bows
- Fun Flapper Dress Tutorial
- Easy Sew Laundry Bag
- How to Hand Sew a Seam
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners