40+ Thanksgiving Sewing Projects for Family & Friends
Celebrate Thanksgiving in style with these fall sewing projects and fabric craft ideas!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
This page is full of creative ideas for everyone you know. With 40+ Thanksgiving Sewing Projects for Family & Friends, you'll see lots of ideas for crafting and gifting.
Thanksgiving is an important holiday to celebrate because it signifies appreciation. I don’t know about you, but I greatly appreciate all the things that come along with the celebration including (but not limited to) the turkey, gravy, cranberries, apple pie, etc…
Aside from the traditional Thanksgiving meal, I love having extra time to spend with my family. And this season, I thought it would be great to actually spend some time crafting together.
We’ve rounded up these fun Thanksgiving sewing projects so you and your family can spend some quality time crafting together. Also lovely Thanksgiving gift ideas for family and friends.
When it comes to sewing for the holidays, Thanksgiving can sometimes be overlooked by Christmas. We think these Thanksgiving sewing projects won’t only convince you that Thanksgiving crafts can be fun to make, you’ll look forward to creating them each year. Our free Thanksgiving craft ideas are useful too.
Every home needs a lovely table set up for the dining room. On this page, you’ll find Thanksgiving tablescape ideas along with DIY Thanksgiving decorations and all kinds of additional crafts.
Do you want sewing inspiration delivered straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our daily e-newsletter!
Table of Contents
Thanksgiving DIY Table Decorations
Since the Thanksgiving feast is arguably one of the most important meals of the year, you want to make sure the table looks inviting and special. That’s why we’ve gathered up some of our favorite Thanksgiving craft ideas for your table right here. These Thanksgiving table crafts are easy to make, festive, and fun.
Dress up your table with fancy napkins and placemats that fit the holiday spirit. All of the Thanksgiving tablescape ideas you’ll find here are simple enough to make yourself. You don’t need to spend money on expensive tablescape pieces at the store. Instead, break out the sewing machine and check out these Thanksgiving craft ideas for your tabletop.
- Modern Thanksgiving Table Topper
- Fall Leaf Table Runner and Napkin Rings
- Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Style Napkins
- Felt Leaves Table Runner
- Reversible Quilted Place Mats
- Harvest Table Runner
- Fall Foliage Placemats
- Colorful Thanksgiving Napkins
- Everlasting Fall Leaves
- Festive Fall Thanksgiving Napkins
- Vintage Embroidered Thanksgiving Bread Cloth
- Thanksgiving Harvest Table Toppers
If you want more DIY Thanksgiving ideas, download our free eBook, Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving Free eBook
Turkey Sewing Patterns & Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Did you grow up making turkey crafts? There’s something very fun about crafting with the kids for Thanksgiving. These Thanksgiving craft ideas involve turkey and can be created by a sewist of any skill level. If you’re creating something for the kids to wear this Thanksgiving, you’ll love these adorable T-shirt ideas we found.
Turkey sewing patterns are easy to work with and can help you make adorable Thanksgiving crafts for the kids. While we don’t recommend the kids get too close to the sewing machine, there are steps in each of these projects that allow the kids to participate. Kids will love these Thanksgiving crafts so give them a try this season.
- Gobble Gobble Tee
- Ruffled Turkey Tee for Girls
- Gobble, Gobble Kid Shirt
- Thanksgiving Dinner Kidlet Style
- Thanksgiving Day Dress
- Handprint Turkey Softie
- Roast Turkey Costume
- Turkey Placecard Holder or Pin Cushion
- 6 Step Turkey Onesie
- The Traditional Turkey Handprint
- Pretty Painted Turkey Craft
- Rustic Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
Decorate your home for fall with these fun rustic DIY home decor projects! 37 Rustic Fall Decorating Ideas
Homemade Thanksgiving Gift Ideas
With all the cooking, cleaning, and preparing to give thanks during Thanksgiving, it can be hard to find a way to say thank you to the most important person at the holiday dinner: your host. Don’t forget to show how truly grateful you are for the hospitality and kindness your Thanksgiving host is displaying this season.
You would not want your host to go unappreciated. Lucky for you, we have a ton of easy homemade gift ideas and DIY Thanksgiving crafts that can help you say “thank you” without breaking the budget. Plus, homemade gift ideas say way more than a store-bought bottle of wine or a candle.
- Autumn Acorn Banner
- Dishtowel to Apron Transformation
- Awesomely Easy Fall Pumpkin Decoration
- Autumn Orange Thanksgiving Bunting
- Apron with Detachable Oven Mitt Pattern
- No Sew Eyeglasses Case
- Hostess Gift Bag
- Bunting Cosmetic Bag Tutorial
- How to Sew a Wine Tote
- Double Pot Holder with Pockets Tutorial
- Rolled Kitchen Towels
- Hanging Dishtowels
- Round Hot Pads Tutorial
- Pretty Bird Oven Mitt Pattern
Free Thanksgiving Craft Ideas
Finally, we offer free Thanksgiving craft ideas everyone in the family will enjoy. These free Thanksgiving crafts are perfect for making before the holiday or after the big meal. If everyone is sitting down to watch football and you’d rather be sewing, check out these simple Thanksgiving crafts.
Make something festive and save it for next year! We’ve also included some DIY Thanksgiving decorations so you can spruce up your home with all the fall colors and décor you love. Making Thanksgiving crafts is a fun a rewarding way to spend your time and use up some leftover fabric.
- Inverse Applique Fall Pumpkin Coasters
- Thanksgiving Advent Calendar
- Appliqued Thanksgiving Bib Pattern
- A Grand Gobbler
- Falling Leaves Pillow
- Fall Felt Leaf Garland
- Thanksgiving Table Runner
- Scraptacular Turkey Time Apron
- Fallin' In Love Pillow
- Textured Fabric Pumpkins
- Halloween Bandana Pumpkins
- Give Thanks DIY Burlap Banner
- Mom's Thanksgiving Apron
- Autumn Orange Thanksgiving Bunting
What do you love about Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 7 Holiday Face Mask Patterns
- Diy Hot Pads - 2 Designs
- Handmade Handbag Hacks
- Easy Snowflake Coasters To Sew Free Template
- Easy Unique Christmas Ornament
- DIY Snowmen Angels Face Mask
- Candy Cane Christmas Face Mask Tutorial
- Gingerbread Jewels Fabric Face Mask Pattern
- White Sparkles Holiday Face Mask DIY
- Easy Diy Faux Fur Pompom
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners