25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sew Gifts!: 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
Provided by Martingale
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
Studies have shown that the happiest people are the ones who most often express gratitude. Telling the people in your life that you care about that you love them improves your mood drastically. What better way to do so than with a handmade gift? As Mary V. Green, editor of Sew Gifts!: 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers points out in her introduction, "Something wonderful happens when you sew gifts for people ... there's joy that comes when you deliver your heartfelt gift and see the recipient's pleasure at receiving it."
Sew Gifts!: 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers provides 25 beautiful ideas to get you started on your next gift. Whether you're sewing for someone's birthday, a holiday, or just because, there is a project in this book for you. They are split conveniently into four categories: bags, special interest, kitchen crafts, and pillows. But within those categories you'll find a wide range of gifts for all your loved ones. For example, the Wristlet Key Holder would be perfect for the serious runner in your life. Or what about the Artist's Sketchbook Cover and Pencil Book for the next Van Gogh?
What's so lovely about the ideas in Sew Gifts!: 25 Gift Ideas from Top Designers is that they're not standard. You won't find any pillows that simply say "Mom" on them for Mother's Day. Instead, The Patchwork Place has curated a collection of crafts tailored to the personalities and interests of the people around you, so that you can give them a gift that clearly shows that their uniqueness factored into your craft creation. These are gifts for people, not titles like "Mom." The tutorials and patterns found in the book are clear and easy to follow. Every step is carefully illustrated to clear up any confusion, along with breathtaking photographs of the finished products.
So get to sewing your gratitude! How many other opportunities are there to be able to honestly claim that science demands you spend time crafting?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sewing Vintage Modern
Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
Kitchen Stitches: Sewing Projects to Spice Up Your Home
Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
Sew It, Stuff It
Stitched Toys: 20 Stunning But Simple Designs
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fab Faux Fur Cactus Fabric Earrings DIY
- Sewing a Zipper
- Fabric Bow Sewing Pattern
- Burp Cloths with Appliques
- Upcycled Denim Lavender Sachets
- Weighted Flaxseed Eye Pillow with Case
- Boho Stitch Sampler Pillow
- Simple Stamped Napkins
- Modern Quilted Pillow
- DIY Denim Log Cabin Pocket Pillows
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners