Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Pattern
- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
Button and Stitch
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Button and Stitch
By Kristen Rask
North Light Books
For the sewer that can't seem to part with an overflowing collection of buttons, "Button and Stitch" by Kristen Rask delivers fun, easy ways to give them new life. Create any of the 24 projects and learn new sewing techniques along the way. This book gives button ideas beyond the expected jewelry options and instead offers unique ways to use up your stash. With step-by-step instructions the reader is led through the process of making projects varying from camera cases to hair accessories. Rask also teaches the reader how to make buttons from felt and clay. All of the projects are accompanied by colorful photos so it's easy to understand what the finished product should look like. No matter what your sewing level, this book will challenge you to make better sewn projects and do so with loads of fun buttons.
Read NextStart Stitching
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Feb 21, 2011
This book sounds like it offers fantastic crafting options.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Letting Out Pants
If you've ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show… Continue reading: "Letting Out Pants"
- Start Stitching
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Epic Cosplay Costumes Review
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
- Bags: The Modern Classics
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- Sew It, Stuff It
- Cute and Easy Quilting and Stitching
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners