Crafting With Flannel Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted By: Sarah Ramberg of Sadie Seasongoods
Reviewed by Krista Childers, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
With 55 trendy and well-written tutorials, this beginner-friendly arts and crafts book, Crafting with Flannel, is well worth the purchase.
Within its pages, you'll find large high-res images for every project, plus the full material list, step-by-step instructions, and tips and tricks along the way from author Sarah Ramberg.
With years of experience as a popular upcycling blogger on Sadie Seasongoods, it's clear that Sarah has always had a love for flannel. Many of her creative recycling projects use flannel in creative and unexpected ways.
That's what you're getting when you look through this colorful book. It's full of never-before-seen ideas for flannel of all types. Even if you're not familiar with flannel, you will be once you've perused this book.
Flannel is not just for winter, can be as rustic or elegant as you want, and will transform any room or outfit if you let it!
I personally love small and thrifty projects that are also useful (and make great gifts). This book is full of small and large gifts, wearables, home decor, and more.
The simple DIY flannel pennant flag shown in the image below works nearly anywhere in the home. It's a lovely way to add a slightly rustic and homemade touch to bedrooms, work rooms, or even guest rooms. Dorms, too!
The best part is that you can customize it with a word, phrase, sports team, logo, or design you'd like. It's one of the ways to turn something into a truly handmade and one-of-a-kind gift or piece of decor.
As an avid reader, I immediately bookmarked these adorable flannel heart bookmarks. Soft and cute, with the perfect corner opening for your book, this one is fast to make and the ideal partner for the book you're planning to give your bookworm friend or family member.
Plus, so much more! Whether you have some old flannel scraps from previous projects, some thrifted flannel clothing or decor that you want to reuse, or just purchased a few yards at your local fabric store, there are dozens of incredible ideas for you to pick from.
Crafting with Flannel by Sarah Ramberg - Where to Purchase
Have you ever worked with flannel?
Let us know!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks Volume 2
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
- Enter for your chance to win the Beginner Sewing Books Giveaway!
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners