- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Crafting With Flannel Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted By: Sarah Ramberg of Sadie Seasongoods
Reviewed by Krista Childers, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
With 55 trendy and well-written tutorials, this beginner-friendly arts and crafts book, Crafting with Flannel, is well worth the purchase.
Within its pages, you'll find large high-res images for every project, plus the full material list, step-by-step instructions, and tips and tricks along the way from author Sarah Ramberg.
With years of experience as a popular upcycling blogger on Sadie Seasongoods, it's clear that Sarah has always had a love for flannel. Many of her creative recycling projects use flannel in creative and unexpected ways.
That's what you're getting when you look through this colorful book. It's full of never-before-seen ideas for flannel of all types. Even if you're not familiar with flannel, you will be once you've perused this book.
Flannel is not just for winter, can be as rustic or elegant as you want, and will transform any room or outfit if you let it!
I personally love small and thrifty projects that are also useful (and make great gifts). This book is full of small and large gifts, wearables, home decor, and more.
The simple DIY flannel pennant flag shown in the image below works nearly anywhere in the home. It's a lovely way to add a slightly rustic and homemade touch to bedrooms, work rooms, or even guest rooms. Dorms, too!
The best part is that you can customize it with a word, phrase, sports team, logo, or design you'd like. It's one of the ways to turn something into a truly handmade and one-of-a-kind gift or piece of decor.
As an avid reader, I immediately bookmarked these adorable flannel heart bookmarks. Soft and cute, with the perfect corner opening for your book, this one is fast to make and the ideal partner for the book you're planning to give your bookworm friend or family member.
Plus, so much more! Whether you have some old flannel scraps from previous projects, some thrifted flannel clothing or decor that you want to reuse, or just purchased a few yards at your local fabric store, there are dozens of incredible ideas for you to pick from.
Crafting with Flannel by Sarah Ramberg - Where to Purchase
This craft book was released in February 2021, published by Skyhorse Publishing, and distributed by Simon & Schuster.
It is available at major book and craft retailers, which currently includes:
Barnes & Noble
Check your local bookstores, too!
Have you ever worked with flannel?
Let us know!
Read NextModern Minimal
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Jewelry Box Sewing Kit
Get ready to hit up your local thrift stores because this organization project is something every sewist needs in her studio.… Continue reading: "Jewelry Box Sewing Kit"
- Modern Minimal
- Learn to Sew with Lauren
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Vintage Notions
- Enter to win the Stylish Dress Sewing Bundle Giveaway!
- Stitch By Stitch
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners