Fabulously Fast Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Fabulously Fast Quilts
By: Amy Smart
Gifted by: Martingale
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
Quilting does not have to take a long time. While quilts can look deceptively difficult, time-consuming, and complex, quilters have a whole toolbox of tricks to create beautiful pieces in a jiff. Sharing these tips and helping quilters with a creative drive and only a little time is exactly why Amy Smart compiled the quilts in Fabulously Fast Quilts. All of the quilts in this book are quick pieces that look deceptively difficult. If you are new to quilting or a little overwhelmed by the idea of spending a lot of time on a project, this is the book for you. You will be amazed at how lovely the pieces you create are once you finish.
Much like other quilting books, this collection is a medley of quilting patterns and other tips. Focusing primarily on quilting shortcuts, Fabulously Fast Quilts provides expert tips on quick corners, slicing, strip piecing, and much more. These tips, combined with the fast projects, help the reader become efficient in quilting under a time constraint. The author, Amy Smart, is a fan of creating quickly and has been using these practices for years. As a busy mom, she’s honed her skills of creating fast and fun quilts. After several years of practice, she now brings that expertise to the page.
The title of this book boasts Fabulously Fast Quilts and it does not lie. While the quilts will not take you very long to create, they most definitely look like they took quite some time. You can easily convince your friends and family that you toiled over an incredibly hard masterpiece with these quilting pieces. Quilts like “Diverging Diamonds”, “Modern Buzzsaw”, and “Quick Puss in the Corner” all look infinitely more complicated than they are to create. They are fabulous, too.
With expert tips and fab designs, this quilting book will quickly become one of your favorites. These quilts take little to no time to create and will have everyone fooled. Have some fast fun with the 12 quilting patterns in Amy Smart’s Fabulously Fast Quilts. These lovely and easy quilting patterns are the ideal pieces for a crafter who wants a creative outlet but does not have a lot of time.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Go retro using what's in the linen closet with a pillowcase dress pattern for a Sweet and Simple Pillowcase Dress. Make your own… Continue reading: "Sweet and Simple Vintage Pillowcase Dress"
- 100 Applique Motifs
- Happy Homemade: Sew Chic Review
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Win a copy of Windy City Bags!
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners