Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
Provided by Design Originals
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
There is something inherently luxurious about a leather handbag. The soft feel, the gentle sheen, and of course that amazing new-leather smell ... the only downside of leather accessories is the price tag they're attached to.
Clearly Elean Ho understands the agony of loving leather handbags but hating the price tag. Her book, Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories, provides free purse patterns so that you can have a closet full of high-end leather bags and accessories without going broke.
After the free purse patterns, the best thing about Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories is the mouth-watering photography, which shows off the bags at every angle, inside and out. The book also holds a good variety of bag and accessories—tutorials cover everything from satchels to coasters. The step-by-step tutorials are simple and easy to follow, and each product has a nice note from Ho explaining the bag or accessory and offering suggestions for use.
There is a project for everyone in this book, from beginner sewists to old pros, no matter what season you're sewing for. Ho is careful to include incredible style variety among her 28 tutorials. Over-the-shoulder satchels, sturdy briefcases, soft-leather totes, and box-shaped backpacks are just some of the beautiful bags to be made. All leather bags are not created equal, so Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories provides plenty of options for all occasions.
One of the nicest elements of this book is its overall tone. Ho writes from a position of expertise and authority, but allows space for fun. She includes small anecdotes that go along with the history or creation of the product at hand to remind the reader that sewing these products are meant to be enjoyed from their first stitch to their last day out.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- A Quilter's Ark
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners