- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
Provided by Design Originals
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
There is something inherently luxurious about a leather handbag. The soft feel, the gentle sheen, and of course that amazing new-leather smell ... the only downside of leather accessories is the price tag they're attached to.
Clearly Elean Ho understands the agony of loving leather handbags but hating the price tag. Her book, Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories, provides free purse patterns so that you can have a closet full of high-end leather bags and accessories without going broke.
After the free purse patterns, the best thing about Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories is the mouth-watering photography, which shows off the bags at every angle, inside and out. The book also holds a good variety of bag and accessories—tutorials cover everything from satchels to coasters. The step-by-step tutorials are simple and easy to follow, and each product has a nice note from Ho explaining the bag or accessory and offering suggestions for use.
There is a project for everyone in this book, from beginner sewists to old pros, no matter what season you're sewing for. Ho is careful to include incredible style variety among her 28 tutorials. Over-the-shoulder satchels, sturdy briefcases, soft-leather totes, and box-shaped backpacks are just some of the beautiful bags to be made. All leather bags are not created equal, so Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories provides plenty of options for all occasions.
One of the nicest elements of this book is its overall tone. Ho writes from a position of expertise and authority, but allows space for fun. She includes small anecdotes that go along with the history or creation of the product at hand to remind the reader that sewing these products are meant to be enjoyed from their first stitch to their last day out.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 28, 2016
The book is $20 and it promotes the photography. I guess she considers the patterns free after you pay the $20.
pegquilter8 665304 4
Dec 18, 2015
The book about Leather bags sounds interesting, but no mention of how to obtain it???
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy Lined Drawstring Bag
Super easy and quick lined drawstring bag tutorial. Over the past few years, the drawstring bags became very popular as an… Continue reading: "Easy Lined Drawstring Bag"
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Sew Serendipity Sewing Workbook
- Simply Sewn
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bags Holders
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners