Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
Provided by Design Originals
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
There is something inherently luxurious about a leather handbag. The soft feel, the gentle sheen, and of course that amazing new-leather smell ... the only downside of leather accessories is the price tag they're attached to.
Clearly Elean Ho understands the agony of loving leather handbags but hating the price tag. Her book, Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories, provides free purse patterns so that you can have a closet full of high-end leather bags and accessories without going broke.
After the free purse patterns, the best thing about Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories is the mouth-watering photography, which shows off the bags at every angle, inside and out. The book also holds a good variety of bag and accessories—tutorials cover everything from satchels to coasters. The step-by-step tutorials are simple and easy to follow, and each product has a nice note from Ho explaining the bag or accessory and offering suggestions for use.
There is a project for everyone in this book, from beginner sewists to old pros, no matter what season you're sewing for. Ho is careful to include incredible style variety among her 28 tutorials. Over-the-shoulder satchels, sturdy briefcases, soft-leather totes, and box-shaped backpacks are just some of the beautiful bags to be made. All leather bags are not created equal, so Handmade Leather Handbags & Accessories provides plenty of options for all occasions.
One of the nicest elements of this book is its overall tone. Ho writes from a position of expertise and authority, but allows space for fun. She includes small anecdotes that go along with the history or creation of the product at hand to remind the reader that sewing these products are meant to be enjoyed from their first stitch to their last day out.
Read NextSteampunk Your Wardrobe
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern is one of those easy sewing projects you do not want to miss. Use a single fat quarter to learn how… Continue reading: "Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks Volume 2
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Wee Wonderfuls
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- Sew Wild
- Bags: The Modern Classics
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners