Happy Homemade: Sew Chic Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Happy Homemade: Sew Chic
Provided by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Sari Lesk
While a closet full of fabulous clothes is, of course, something every woman wants, not every woman wants to pay the price to get it. Nice clothes can be costly, but at the same time they're also needed. If you're interviewing for a job, going on a date, or just stopping by your favorite coffee shop, chic clothes are a must. You never know who you're going to meet, so it's always important that you dress to impress.
No matter your reason for needing a stylish wardrobe, Happy Homemade: Sew Chic is just what you need to take the expense out of fashionable clothes. This book by Yoshiko Tsukiori is filled with patterns and ideas to show you how to sew all the fashionable clothes you could ever need.
Tsukiori prepares you to sew your own clothes in two incredible ways. First, the author provides you with step-by-step tutorials that include images to walk you through the process of sewing each garment. For each of the 20 projects in Happy Homemade: Sew Chic, follow along with the drawings to successfully take your project from beginning to end. Not only does Tsukiori show you how to sew your own clothes, she even gives you patterns to further simplify your sewing experience. In the back of the book is a packet of patterns you can use make sure all of your fabrics are cut precisely to the sizes you need.
Another element of Happy Homemade: Sew Chic you'll definitely appreciate is the author's run-down of the sewing basics. Check out the "Basic Techniques" section to learn a variety of foundational sewing skills like how to gather fabric, how to take your measurements, and how to sew corners. Using drawings and photographs, Tsukiori prepares her readers with all the skills they will need to sew the projects in her book. No matter your skill level as a sewist, the author ensures everyone can take full advantage of the content of her book.
With all the helpful information Tsukiori provides in Happy Homemade: Sew Chic, that closet full of fabulous clothes is only a little stitching away. The question is no longer "How will I get the clothes I need?" but "What should I sew first?!" Finding the answer to that question is simple: All you have to do is leaf through the first section of the book to decide which project is best for you to start with. If you have to ace one more interview before you clinch that job you want, the Jacket with Back Tie is a great project for you. Maybe you'll be taking a stroll through the park, in which case you might want to start with the Lace-Print Sundress.
If you're ready to get started sewing your own clothes, grab yourself a copy of Happy Homemade: Sew Chic right away.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Install Bag Feet
- Flared T-shirt Pattern
- Reversible Placemat With Pockets
- Easy Hanging Kitchen Towel
- How To Pick Fabric For A Quilt
- Embroidered Coffe Pot Cozy
- Diy Witch Hat In Any Size
- Easy Sewing Tricks- How-to Make Shaped Bag Straps
- How To Make A Triangle Scarf
- Cute Diy Flamingo Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners