Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
Provided by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Julia Wiatr
Customize and personalize cloth and fabric items with the help of Leisure Arts’s Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts. Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced stitcher, you’ll find an embroidered idea to try. Add colorful patterns to embellish drab fabric; the possibilities are endless!
Learn to Embroider contains eleven designs for you to work with, with the choice of both abstract or familiar shapes and words or phrases. Each of the available tutorials contains a full-sized image of the finished product so you have an idea of what you’re working towards. There’s also a pattern for you to use to copy the design, with a key at the bottom that contains thread color and stitch information. There’s no need to guess what stitch is being used with this fantastic tutorial. Give your older clothing new life or make something brand new with the help of this glossy guide. You can even learn how to embroider a beaded fringe onto a decorative throw pillow!
For those beginners who might not understand the subtlety that exists among the various stitches, fret not; there’s a handy introductory section before all the tutorials. In this section you’ll find a quick overview of embroidery and some basic information on the different types of supplies typically associated with this art. Get a quick heads-up on what to have on hand before you start stitching. Following that are three pages of stitch information, with a quick how-to of some of the more basic stitches and a gallery of some more advanced and embellished variations. Once you’ve mastered the information within Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts, you can take what you’ve learned and get creative. Combine different stitches to create a design of your own!
Read NextPattern Fitting with Confidence
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Happy Home
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
- Simply Sewn
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Vintage Notions
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- Diy Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes
- Free Fleece Hat Pattern
- Mini Felt Christmas Stocking Garland
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners