- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
Provided by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Julia Wiatr
Customize and personalize cloth and fabric items with the help of Leisure Arts’s Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts. Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced stitcher, you’ll find an embroidered idea to try. Add colorful patterns to embellish drab fabric; the possibilities are endless!
Learn to Embroider contains eleven designs for you to work with, with the choice of both abstract or familiar shapes and words or phrases. Each of the available tutorials contains a full-sized image of the finished product so you have an idea of what you’re working towards. There’s also a pattern for you to use to copy the design, with a key at the bottom that contains thread color and stitch information. There’s no need to guess what stitch is being used with this fantastic tutorial. Give your older clothing new life or make something brand new with the help of this glossy guide. You can even learn how to embroider a beaded fringe onto a decorative throw pillow!
For those beginners who might not understand the subtlety that exists among the various stitches, fret not; there’s a handy introductory section before all the tutorials. In this section you’ll find a quick overview of embroidery and some basic information on the different types of supplies typically associated with this art. Get a quick heads-up on what to have on hand before you start stitching. Following that are three pages of stitch information, with a quick how-to of some of the more basic stitches and a gallery of some more advanced and embellished variations. Once you’ve mastered the information within Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts, you can take what you’ve learned and get creative. Combine different stitches to create a design of your own!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Portable Sewing Station
There is nothing worse than trying to juggle your pin cushion, scissors, needles, buttons, and other sewing must-haves while trying to… Continue reading: "Portable Sewing Station"
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Simply Sewn
- Scrap Applique Playground
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Vintage Notions
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners