Mend & Make Fabulous
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Mend & Make Fabulous
Gifted by: Interweave Press
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
Fashionistas, thrifters, moms, bargain-hunters, and every sewist in between will find something worthwhile in this expertly concocted collection of must-know sewing tips on how to mend a myriad of problems that can threaten to retire a piece of your wardrobe entirely. Mend & Make Fabulous by Denise Wild of BurdaStyle.com does exactly what it says it will. This fab and extensive tip book helps you mend just about any wardrobe malfunction and make old pieces absolutely fabulous.
Unlike many tutorial articles and sewing tips focusing on mending tears, stains, rips, and other flaws in clothing pieces, Mend & Make Fabulous gives very detailed instructions. Instead of just telling you to use a certain stitch to mend tears, this book shows you exactly which stitch to use on a specific fabric and provides super helpful step-by-step photos along the way. This book is an encyclopedia every sewer and thrifter needs on their shelf.
If you are into upcycling pieces from your closet or pieces you find on the rack at your local consignment or thrift store, this is the book for you. In addition to tutorials on how to fix a flaw, which is helpful for any true thrifter anyways, Denise Wild’s how–to guides include upcycling techniques, as well. From ombre dyeing to adding stunning studs, these upcycling techniques are easy to follow along with and will make any piece look like a million bucks.
If you want to rescue old pieces of clothing from your wardrobe from a tiny flaw, upcycle some old duds, or even make some thrift-shop buys completely your own, it is imperative that you browse Denise Wild’s Mend & Make Fabulous. This collection will not disappoint.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The Sew Simple Guide to Easy Sewing and Embellishing
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Cute and Easy Quilting and Stitching
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- Sew and Play: Handmade Games for Kids
- Everyday Handmade
- Let's Get Creative with Quilt Labels
- Stack, Shuffle, and Slide
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners