Paper Piecing Quilts of Praise
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Paper Piecing Quilts of Praise
Gifted by: Martingale
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
Let’s face it, quilting takes a very long time. Making intricate quilts means hours and hours of time dedicated to designing, cutting, sewing, and completing a work of art. When you are taking so much time to create a project, why not make it extra meaningful? If you are looking for a way to make your quilts extra special, consider creating a quilt from the piecing projects provided in Jaynette Huff’s Paper Piecing Quilts of Praise. This lovely collection contains over 20 quilt squares and quilting projects inspired by traditional Christian hymns of faith.
The designs on every single one of these quilting blocks and projects are meaningful and beautiful. They possess a vintage and traditional look that is hard to capture these days while still looking authentic. This authenticity comes from the origins of these lovely pieces. The author spent over a year quilting and creating with a quilting guild that spent each week listening to hymns, having discussions, and designing. You can truly see the passion for her art and her faith in these designs.
As far as quilting collections go, this book is pretty standard in its layout. Each block comes with its very own page with instructions on how to craft the piece. More complicated blocks come with several pages of detailed layouts and patterns. Additionally, there is a short blurb on where the inspiration for the piece came from, helping you explore the author’s own journey and thought process. The design, layout, and table of contents are easy to navigate.
Artful and Christian quilters will find a lot of value in this collection of pieces that were inspired by beloved hymnals. This is an excellent collection to keep on your shelf for special holidays. These noteworthy quilting squares and projects would make excellent gifts for Christenings, holidays, birthdays, weddings, and church functions. Jaynette Huff’s Paper Piecing Quilts of Praise is a timeless collection that will delight any quilting enthusiast.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- Learn to Sew with Lauren
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Hat Shop
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls Review
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners