We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted by: Interweave
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
If you are an avid sewist, you absolutely need to get your hands on a copy of Deborah Fisher’s Sew Fun. This amazingly entertaining collection of kid-friendly collections contains 20 projects that you can enjoy with your family. From adorable “Alexander Lions” to the silly “The Happy Birthday Quilt”, your family will get hours of enjoyment out of this book as they create and enjoy these quilts, plushies, and much more. This hefty and expansive collection of fun projects is unlike many family sewing books you have seen. It comes with so many little extras that you will want to read it from cover to cover before you even start creating.
In addition to the adorable and funky projects provided in Fisher’s fun collection, this book is equipped with great tips for sewing with kids, crafting quilts, and plenty of other helpful techniques and tips for crafting. A mother herself, the author of this collection showcases her expertise when it comes to crafting with kids of all ages. There are sewing projects that involve the kids directly as well as projects that get the kids involved without having inexperienced, little hands near a sharp needle or a sewing machine. Her tips and ideas on how to use your child’s art as a launching pad for project and quilt designs are delightful and ingenious.
This is one of the most unique, expansive, informative, and helpful collections of family and home crafts you will find on the market. The author, Deborah Fisher, has clearly honed her expertise in craft making and design over the years and it shows on the pages of this collection. Any mom, grandma, quilter, or crafter will find something funky to create in this book. Sew Fun provides a project for the kid in every single one of us.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Cute and Easy Quilting and Stitching
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- Craft Candy
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrappy Stars
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- Halloween Finger Puppets
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- How To Make A Mask Protector
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners