Sew Many Gifts Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sew Many Gifts Review
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
A handmade gift is a darling way to show loved ones you care. Often handmade gifts are more meaningful than something store bought. Learn to sew a variety of lovely gifts for any occasion with Sew Many Gifts: 19 Handmade Delights to Give or Keep. From darling pencil cases to pin cushions to wearables and more, the projects in this Martingale book will be so adored by all the recipients.
Sew Many Gifts features projects from 11 different designers, giving readers a variety of techniques and styles to choose from when selecting a gift to make. The types of gifts are divided into the following categories: Gifts to Wear, Gifts for the Home, Gifts for Sewing Pals, and Gifts for Those on the Go. I thought the Gifts for Sewing Pals section was so charming. There is nothing like sewing with friends, and these gifts are a heartfelt way to show your common love for this pastime. The Woolly Pincushions (p. 54) are my favorites in this section. The muted colors and button embellishments used give a very vintage flair to this project. One can never have too many pincushions! The Needle Keepers (p. 49) also have a delightfully soft and vintage look.
When it comes to wearables, you can never make or receive too many gifts. I repeat: a person can never have too many scarves. The Tassel Scarf (p. 6) has a wonderfully boho feel with an appealing drape. The tassel embellishments really are a sweet accessory. The Haute Headbands (p. 10) are another stunning boho project. Headbands are great gifts because they are so small and you can get many projects out of a fabric swatch.
In the Gifts for the Home section, you'll find a wide variety of ideas. Stuffed kitties, potholders, banners, and more fill this section. I love the Taggie Blanket for Baby (p. 34). An eclectic mix of fabric prints and textures comprise the pockets, loops, and patches found in this adorable blanket.
Make a variety of gorgeous gifts for loved ones! With Sew Many Gifts, you can make a lovely project for any occasion.
What is your go-to gift to give?
Read NextCrafting With Flannel Book Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Heart Keychain
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners