Sewing Machine Basics
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sewing Machine Basics
By Jane Bolsover
Provided by CICO Books
Sewing Machine Basics is the perfect book for those beginning to sew. Inside its pages are detailed descriptions and information of all the parts of a sewing machine. Jane Bolsover walks you through how to thread a bobbin, recognize the correct thread tension, and which needle choice is best for which project. But this book isn't just about machine basics, it's a complete machine sewing guide. Learn tips on the difference between fabrics and how to cut them, how to sew a hem, button hole, zippers, darts, tucks, and ruffles, and more. These instructions are great for everyone, because they're easy to follow and include pictures and diagrams of the machine parts and stitch types you should be looking for.
Once the machine specifics are mastered, the pages that follow are full of sewing ideas and tips. Learn how to make a scarf, pillow covers, curtains, aprons, skirts, and more. The projects are included at the end of every lesson to allow you to practice what you just read. After learning how to stitch pockets, sew yourself an adorable apron. Included in the back of the book are seven sewing patterns for the projects, so you can get to sewing as soon as you finish reading!
Read NextCrafting With Flannel Book Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Sensory Mat Tutorial
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners