She Wears the Pants
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
BONUS! Enter here to win a copy of this book in the Gorgeous Sewing Pattern Collection giveaway. Contest ends 4/5/15
Dressing like a girl is super fun because not only do we get to wear feminine skirts and dresses, but we can also pull off some men's fashions, as well. Lately, baggy pants, work shirts, and other menswear-inspired fashion has been hitting the runways lately, and I kind of love it. There's just something empowering about a woman pulling off a "borrowed-from-the-boys" look.
Popular fashion design Yuko Takada apparently loves it too because she designed a whole slew of menswear-inspired sewing patterns. Inside She Wears the Pants, you'll find a sophisticated collection of sewing patterns and instructions for twenty different pieces including versatile tops (dress them up or down), timeless jackets, straight-lined dresses, various length pants (from culottes to full-length trousers), and more.
The first half of the book reads like a fashion lookbook; the first 30 pages are nothing but pictures of the clothing items and models showing them off. I always think this is super helpful because you can really get a good feel for what the patterns look like and will give you outfit inspiration on how you can incorporate these styles into your own personal wardrobe.
Once you browse at all the outfits, it's time to learn how to make them! The next few pages (in the middle of the book) go over sewing basics and techniques that will help you complete any one of these trendy sewing patterns, and the remaining section of the book includes pattern instructions for each one of the designs. Full size patterns can be found in the very back of the book.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Simply Sewn
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Vintage Notions
- Marge's Custom Slipcovers
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners