Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Time
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sewing is a daunting task to many people. Whether you're a newcomer or a seasoned veteran, you may not want to attack a new project or skill for fear of failing or it taking much too long. Deborah Moebes does not want you to pull back from a challenge, and in her book, Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Time, she will keep you fearless. From basic stitch techniques to knowing your sewing machine, Moebes will take you through the process step by step.
With eleven gorgeous projects, your sewing machine will be busier than ever. Starting out I went with the easiest project first and began to work my way to what seemed the most difficult. My favorite project in the book has to be the A-line skirt; Every designer this season has been including A-line skirts in their collections, so there is no better time to work one up than the present. With clear instructions and pictures that don't keep you guessing, this book is begging to be your new inspiration.
If you think you've mastered all of the techniques in the book and have more than enough patterns, try giving this book as a gift. Any beginning sewer will love to have a friendly guide, and because Moebes talks to you like a friend instead of a student, the reader will be left feeling encouraged instead of downtrodden. Perfect for a birthday, Christmas, or just because, this book is the gift that keeps on giving, and I bet you wake up to a beautifully sewn surprise not soon after you give it.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a DIY home decor piece to absolutely pop in your kitchen or living room? This gorgeous Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair is… Continue reading: "Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks Volume 2
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Sew-licious Little Things
- Enter to win the Stylish Dress Sewing Bundle Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win the Weighted Blankets, Vests & Scarves Book and Pellets Giveaway!
- Craft Candy
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- 22 Easter Projects To Sew
- Make Your Own Dress: 4 Spring Dresses for Women
- Upcycled Sweater Wine Gift Bag
- Upcycled Denim Hanging Baskets
- Bargello Placemats
- Easy To Make Flannel Blanket
- Diy Anna Frozen 2 Cloak
- How To Mend A Hole In Jeans
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners