19 Best Ever Christmas Sewing Projects
In the mood to decorate for Christmas? Then don't miss our list of fun and festive holiday sewing projects!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The start of Christmas season is right around the corner, so to help you prepare, AllFreeSewing is bringing you our list of the best ever Christmas sewing projects! From DIY ornaments to holiday wreaths to deck out your front door, these sewing projects for Christmas are designed to help your family decorate and celebrate in style. These sewing ideas are from some of our favorite bloggers and most can be made in a single weekend, so they're great projects to knock out before winter hits.
If you've been looking for some budget-friendly ways to decorate for the holidays, then you'll love our list of DIY Pottery Barn ideas. We've also included fun throw pillows, pretty stockings, and festive DIY tree skirts that are quick and cost efficient. Get ready to celebrate everything Christmas this year with these holiday sewing projects for the entire family.
Looking for more sewing ideas for Christmas? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Sewing It Up, to get free sewing patterns delivered directly to your inbox.
How to Make a Christmas Wreath
Easy DIY Ornaments
3. Bugs and Fishes - Laura's easy felt ornaments are a great project to make with the entire family!
4. Landeelu - Landee's adorable yarn hat ornaments are no sew and a charming way to add a pop of color to your tree.
Celebrate National Sewing Month with AllFreeSewing all throughout September! We're bringing you new patterns, tutorials, and collections all month long. National Sewing Month 2017
Pottery Barn Inspired Projects
5. Creations by Kara - Kara's chic and stylish DIY pillow is topped with felt, pom poms, and buttons.
6. Woodshop Diaries - Shara's Pottery Barn inspired pillow is perfect if your family always watches How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
7. MeSewCrazy - Jessica's 'Silver Bells' themed pom pom wreath is sure to be an elegant and luxe addition to your home this winter.
Holiday Throw Pillow Tutorials
8. The Lily Pad Cottage - Kelly's DIY sweater pillow shows you how to breathe life into an old chunky knit sweater.
9. Studio DIY - We're kind of in love with Kelly's bright and bold ornament shaped pillows. The pinks and greens are so pretty and unexpected!
10. Grosgrain - These snuggly holiday pillows are made using old thrift store sweaters.
11. Sew Caroline - Caroline's Christmas tree pillow uses canvas and quilting cotton to create its rustic vibe.
DIY Home Decor for Christmas
12. Just Crafty Enough - Kat's wool DIY tree skirt is also designed to show off your embroidery skills.
13. Quilting in the Rain - Jera's quilted table runner looks like a stack of gorgeous Christmas presents!
14. A Beautiful Mess - Laura's chic gold leather stockings look straight out of a magazine shoot. They look so shiny and expensive!
15. Sew Much Ado - Abby's ruffled Christmas trees would look perfect on your mantle this winter.
Need a new sewing machine? Then be sure to enter for your chance to win a brand new BERNINA sewing machine all throughout the month of September! BERNINA 215 Simply Red Sewing Machine
Fun Christmas Sewing Patterns
16. Crazy Little Projects - Amber's DIY Santa apron is the perfect accessory for all of your holiday cooking.
17. My Sister's Suitcase - Holly and Nat's elegant faux fur Christmas trees look so luxurious and are just what your mantle needs.
18. Polka Dot Chair - Melissa's faux Santa shirts are a great idea for family photos!
19. See Kate Sew - Kate's leather holiday wall hanging comes with an easy no sew option.
How to Enter to Win Our Grand Prize
To celebrate National Sewing Month, we’re giving away a GRAND PRIZE: a new BERNINA 215 Simply Red Sewing Machine + a Riley Blake Crayola Solids Fat Quarter Pack!
You can gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month posts here on AllFreeSewing. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
* Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
* The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
* You have until September 30th, 2017 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
* Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
* The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Do you have a favorite holiday recipe? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Color Me Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Wrapping Paper Organizer
- Oh Starry Night Table Runner
- How to Plan Sewing Christmas Gifts
- 350+ Free Christmas Sewing Patterns
- Felt Christmas Trees Decoration
- Lace Angels
- Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders
- Rustic Checkered Sewn Napkins
- How To Make a Fringed Table Runner In Under An Hour
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Sew A Throw Pillow
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- Spaghetti Strap Top Pattern
- Teeny Tiny Mini Zipper Pouch Keyring
- Tiered Spring Mini Dress
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- How Does Someone Benefit From Basic Sewing Skills?
- Upcycled Sweater Beret Sewing Pattern
- Easy No Sew Blanket
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners