Bags: The Modern Classics
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Bags: The Modern Classics
Gifted by C&T Publishing
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
There’s nothing more rewarding than crafting something you can use every day. The fabulous clutches, bags, and purses you’ll find inside Bags: The Modern Classics are fun, functional, and easy to make. There are 19 patterns in all ranging in size (from a sunglasses case to a hobo bag) and style (simply trendy to whimsically bohemian). Plus, learn how to make darts and pleats, attach magnetic snaps, and add zippers to your new accessories.
Written with beginners in mind, every pattern in this book is accompanied by detailed instructions and step out photos, breaking even the most complex constructions into manageable tasks. The photos allow sewists to compare their work to the book as it takes shape, so major errors are easy to spot and correct. Bags: The Modern Classics also devotes a section to sewing basics that includes a tools and techniques glossary. Projects are rated by level of difficulty on a scale from one to three. The most basic designs require limited piecing, whereas the advanced bags might involve pleats and thicker layers.
Bags: The Modern Classics showcases an astonishing variety of projects. The designs are divided into three categories: Small Bags, Clutches, and Large Bags. Flip to the back of the book for tear-out pattern sheets that make it easy to get started on a brand new accessory right away. Whether you're looking for something practical (a pencil case or wallet) or something fun (a wristlet for a night on the town), you'll find a project to love in this collection. There are also tons of tips on how to embellish each project to make it unique to your style.
If you want to give your wardrobe a refresh, match that tricky outfit with the perfect accessory, or make a friend an unforgettable gift, check out Bags: The Modern Classics. Create a one-of-a-kind clutch, purse, or bag that will become your favorite travel companion. When you learn how to make your own accessories, you build confidence in your sewing skills and fashion sense. Make the bold choice and get creative with these great projects!
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of Bags: The Modern Classics here. Contest ends 5/31/15.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Torie Jayne's Stylish Home Sewing
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- The Marilyn Dress
- Sew It, Stuff It
- Button and Stitch
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hanging Christmas Tree
- Rustic Christmas Wreath
- Mini Downtown Messenger Bag
- Free Christmas Stocking pattern
- Vintage Stocking Tutorial
- Fusion Illusion Fabric Collection
- 15+ Free Dress Patterns for New Year's Eve
- Upcycled DIY Sweater Boots
- Silver DIY Pleated Skirt
- Christmas Tree Bobble Ornament
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners