Elegant Quilts, Country Charm
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Leonie Bateman and Deidre Bond-Abel are excellent quilters who have a serious taste for traditional quilts with rustic charm. Their quilting shop, located in a restored church, is filled to the brim with antique furniture and lovely quilts. It is with this dedication to the classic craft that they approached the collection of quilting projects in Elegant Quilts, Country Charm. Combining country chic appliques with cute quilting patterns and the art of completing applique in wool, the quilts in the collection are artful, homey, and easy-to-create.
Quilters looking to expand their toolkit when it comes to applique will benefit greatly from this instructive book. Showing you exactly how to use felted wool, stitches and all, Elegant Quilts, Country Charm is an excellent book to purchase when you’re feeling adventurous. The fab collection and tutorials will help you master the art of appliqueing with wool and create a romanced and rustic quilt at the same time.
These are not your average quilts and the authors of this collection have mastered the art of using appliques and wool to create texture on their country quilts. Quilts like “Poppy’s Quilt” and “Casey’s Quilt” have a unique style that combines the many talents of their designers. After completing several of their quilts, you will be fully prepared to start experimenting with your own appliques. You quilts will not be the same after your learn these lovely lessons from Elegant Quilts, Country Charm.
Country and homey quilts are quite popular these days. People just love to add some downhome charm to their home decorating and there is no better way to do this than adding a quilt to your living space. Quilters looking to learn how to applique while making an adorable project will enjoy this collection. Elegant Quilts, Country Charm is one of those quilting books that you just cannot miss.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
Sewing Vintage Modern
Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
100 Applique Motifs
99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
Enter for your chance to win the Signature Bags and Totes Sewing Bundle Giveaway!
Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
Sew It All: Quick Projects
Sew It, Stuff It
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilting Grip Gloves
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners