My Enchanted Garden
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
My Enchanted Garden
Provided by Martingale
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
If you feel like you have made a million geometric and pinwheel quilts and are ready to create a unique and interesting quilt, you will absolutely adore the patterns provided in My Enchanted Garden by Gretchen Gibbons. This book is full of enchanting, whimsical, adorable, and woodland quilt squares. You can create an entire paradise of flora and fauna on just one quilt with the quilt squares detailed in this book. No matter what squares you settle on, you are sure to craft a quilt unlike any quilt you have crafted before.
The animals and flowers on these quilt squares are unique, simple, and absolutely adorable. Rather than focusing on one central piece, many of these precious patterns display a scene. On one square you can see a squirrel munching on an acorn and a deer grazing; on another you can see birds perched on a flowering tree. With so much going on in these designs, a quilt created from the appliques in Gibbons’ book will surely become the focal part of a room.
One great thing about this book is that it can be used over and over again. The quirky animal appliques could be added to a plethora of other projects. You do not have to limit yourself to quilts. In fact, in addition to the quilting squares in this book, there are several other patterns. After you are done quilting, you can make a "Peacock Purse" or a "Run Rabbit Run Pillow." These funky accessories would make fantastic last-minute gifts for a new homeowner.
Whether you are looking to create whimsical wildlife quilts or are just in the mood to add some lovely appliques to already existing projects, My Enchanted Garden by Gretchen Gibbons is filled to the brim with curious and cute appliques, quilting squares, and projects. You will not regret having this collection on your bookshelf.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This… Continue reading: "Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders"
- Simply Sewn
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Made at Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Summer Tunic Free Pattern
- Balloon Sleeve Puffy Top Sewing Tutorial
- Free Upcycled Baby Shoes Pattern
- Diy Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Diy Travel Toothbrush Roll Bag
- Free Popsicle Holder Sewing Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners