Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women’s Heart Health
Provided by Jimmy Beans Wool
Reviewed by Julia Wiatr
Crafting, for many, is a great way to relax and de-stress. It’s very easy to lose yourself in sewing, whether by tuning out the world thanks to the steady hum of the sewing machine or to the repetitive stitching process of hand-sewing. What many sewists don’t realize is that by de-stressing while crafting, they can also be fighting women’s heart disease!
Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women’s Heart Health, by Laura Zander, is a compilation of rosy-red sewing patterns designed by Zander and a group of craft celebrities. Laura Zander’s campaign, Stitch Red, is aimed at making women more aware of heart disease and ways they can lower their risk. Along with thoroughly explaining each of 30 beautiful patterns step-by-step, each project’s designer shares encouragement and tips for women on how to take control of their heart health.
There are tips from each of the sewing designers accompanying full-color photographs of each project. Sew, among others, a Paneled Maxi Skirt (pg 42), a Paper Hearts quilt (pg 68), a Mobius Cowl Wrap (pg 104), or a Petal Dress (pg 119) and read personal tips for ways to live healthier. Beyond the short bits of advice with every project, there is a section in the back of Sew Red that offers MORE support and guidance on how to strive to be healthier and happier. You’ll learn the risks and signs of a heart attack, reasons why exercise is so beneficial, and various healthy and delicious heart-healthy recipes. There are also pattern templates included in the very back of the book to help you with your projects.
To further sweeten the deal on this exceptional pattern collection, a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) in support of the Heart Truth. Sew your way to a more heart-healthy you!
This post contains sponsored links from Jimmy Beans Wool. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
My Enchanted Garden
100 Applique Motifs
Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
Enter to win the Sewing Made Simple Giveaway!
Sewing Vintage Modern
Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
100 Any Size Christmas Blocks
Sew It, Stuff It
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilting Grip Gloves
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners