Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women’s Heart Health
Provided by Jimmy Beans Wool
Reviewed by Julia Wiatr
Crafting, for many, is a great way to relax and de-stress. It’s very easy to lose yourself in sewing, whether by tuning out the world thanks to the steady hum of the sewing machine or to the repetitive stitching process of hand-sewing. What many sewists don’t realize is that by de-stressing while crafting, they can also be fighting women’s heart disease!
Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women’s Heart Health, by Laura Zander, is a compilation of rosy-red sewing patterns designed by Zander and a group of craft celebrities. Laura Zander’s campaign, Stitch Red, is aimed at making women more aware of heart disease and ways they can lower their risk. Along with thoroughly explaining each of 30 beautiful patterns step-by-step, each project’s designer shares encouragement and tips for women on how to take control of their heart health.
There are tips from each of the sewing designers accompanying full-color photographs of each project. Sew, among others, a Paneled Maxi Skirt (pg 42), a Paper Hearts quilt (pg 68), a Mobius Cowl Wrap (pg 104), or a Petal Dress (pg 119) and read personal tips for ways to live healthier. Beyond the short bits of advice with every project, there is a section in the back of Sew Red that offers MORE support and guidance on how to strive to be healthier and happier. You’ll learn the risks and signs of a heart attack, reasons why exercise is so beneficial, and various healthy and delicious heart-healthy recipes. There are also pattern templates included in the very back of the book to help you with your projects.
To further sweeten the deal on this exceptional pattern collection, a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) in support of the Heart Truth. Sew your way to a more heart-healthy you!
This post contains sponsored links from Jimmy Beans Wool. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Kitchen Stitches: Sewing Projects to Spice Up Your Home
- Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Shape Shape
- Me and My Sewing Machine
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Baby Blanket With Self Binding Border
- Mini Backbag
- Make A Baby Cheater Quilt
- Diy Book Cover In 10 Minutes
- Making Continuous Bias Binding Tape
- Knotted Hair Ties
- Diy Pom Pom Bunny
- Fab Floral Face Mask Tutorial
- Olive Blouse Review
- 6 Free Sewing Practice Sheets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners