- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
The Spoonflower Handbook
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
The Spoonflower Handbook
Gifted by: Spoonflower
Reviewed by Madison Bowes, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Have you ever dreamed of being a designer? Well, your dreams will come true with The Spoonflower Handbook. This amazing book will make fabric design as easy as doodling a simple flower on a sticky note. The essential guide to designing fabric, gift wrap, and more will get your creative juices flowing in a brand new way! With tutorials on equipment, design programs, and other essential design tools, you can go from novice to pro in no time at all.
The book outlines the many different ways Spoonflower can help you print your designs, but if you don't want to use the company for their creation, the book is still full of useful information for beginners and experts alike. The first part of the book provides you with a wealth on information on different terms, textiles, and tools. After learning about what you need to create your designs, the book outlines many different creative ideas and patterns for you to follow or tweak to your liking. From typography to photography, this book will help you use your talents to create amazing textiles that you will be proud to show off.
My favorite design in the handbook is the dishtowel. While it may seem like something that's easier to pick up in a store than to try and design yourself, a custom dishtowel makes the perfect gift for you or someone else. The design shown in the book is called "Fruit Salad", and showcases grapefruits, lemons, and oranges. A design like this is great inspiration for a citrus-themed kitchen, and it is one that will brighten your day every time you use it. With so many different design ideas, you will never be left wanting for a creative boost, and you will always have ideas flowing through your head.
Read NextMake it Sew Modern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You're always looking for crafty ways to use up fabric from your stash - why not make the Stashbuster Potholder? You can use any… Continue reading: "Scrapbuster Potholder"
- Make it Sew Modern
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
- Epic Cosplay Costumes Review
- Girls Style Book
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Learn to Sew with Lauren
- Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Culottes Tutorial For Summer Glamour
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners