Zodiac Felties Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted by Andrews McMeel Publishing
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
Whether or not you read your daily horoscope, you still take pride in your astrological sign. From Libras to Leos and Geminis to Virgos, people love to represent their zodiac symbols on clothes, home decor, and more. If nothing else, bringing up astrological sign is a great opportunity to plug your birthday.
Zodiac Felties by Nicola Tedman and Sarah Skeate offers sewists the opportunity to combine their astrological-sign pride with their love for sewing. This book is filled with complete patterns for plushies representing every one of the zodiac symbols.
The projects in Tedman and Skeate's book have a variety of compelling features. Each feltie is small, measuring only a few inches in size. These little plushies will fit anywhere in your home, and they make the perfect companions for young kids. These felties are great gifts for newborns; just choose the appropriate astrological sign and follow along with the easy tutorial. The final products are sized just right for babies, and their soft and squishy qualities will make these plushies immediate favorites.
Tedman and Skeate made sure all of their readers could take full advantage of the step-by-step tutorials in their book. Before you get to any of the feltie patterns, the authors provide you with a variety of information to help you along in the sewing processes. Check out the beginning pages of Zodiac Felties to learn about all of the tools, techniques, and stitches you will use as you progress through their sewing patterns. You will find detailed descriptions of each stitch you will need to use, as well as information about the materials you will need. You can use all of this information as an overview of the sewing projects and as a quick reference to look back on whenever you need a reminder.
Not only do Tedman and Skeate provide you with 16 full step-by-step tutorials, they also give you templates for all of the materials you will need. The templates are already sized to scale, so there will be no need for you to fiddle with a copy machine in an attempt to bring the templates up to scale. All you'll have to do is follow along with the authors' easy instructions to ensure all of your felt pieces are cut accurately and precisely.
Zodiac Felties is the perfect place to find sewing projects you can make for everyone. Because every person has an astrological symbol, you'll find a pattern suited for anyone in this book. Whether you're sewing for a baby shower or sewing for a friend, these zodiac felties are just the patterns you're looking for. You could even sew a feltie representing each person in your family to display together as a unique decoration.
No matter how you put these little felties to use, they are sure to wow and impress. If you're ready to start sewing homemade astrological plushies, grab yourself a copy of Zodiac Felties today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Simply Sewn
- The Perfect Pajama
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Cloth Diapers Made Easy
- The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Postcards
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Diy Pull Up Fabric Bows
- Free Mama Claus Apron Pattern
- Ripstop Reusable Grocery Bag
- Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament
- Fuzzy Fleece Infinity Scarf
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Yoyo Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners