This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Super Simple T-shirt Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"Use up that pile of old t-shirts to make this super simple t-shirt quilt. All you need is several t-shirts and a large piece of soft fabric for the backing and in a day you can create a cozy and funky blanket! Preserve the memories of all those t-shirts from special events, don't throw them away, use what you've got! The size of your quilt or blanket will depend on the number of t-shirts you have."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Large piece of soft backing fabric
Read Next8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Feb 27, 2017
Do you have those tee shirts stacked in a pile that you can not seems to get rid of because they have great memories and now you have no more room then here is a great quilt idea for you so you can keep those memories alive. I absolutely love this idea. This will make a great keepsake for years to come and keep you warm too or take it to that picnic or even the beach. This will make a great gift for a friend or family member too and just think of their faces when they see those memories. It will make one special gift and the only cost is the backing. I also love that the finished quilt is your blanket size. Need some fillers than grab some scrap pieces from your stash pile. Super easy tutorial with a great video.
Feb 16, 2017
Great idea and instructions. For those who have t-shirt graphics or logos that end up being more uneven, you can consider using various portions of the backs of the shirt to fill in areas where the shirts might not come out even, or use part of the backing fabric. An added dimension would be to,use either the backing fabric, a contrasting fabric or bit of the shirt backs for edging for a more finished look if desired.
Crafty lady 007
Jan 19, 2017
I wish I thought of this before my husband wore out or stained his old college band shirts. They would have made a great stadium blanket to use when the kids play their sports. I do plan to do something similar with the t-shirts my boys have from scouts and activities.
Jan 04, 2017
Well thats different! I guess many of us have a collection of tee shirts which are souvenirs of past holidays/special events etc. I can just imagine a quilt made up like this, thrown over a sofa in the family room, or the teenagers retreat. And if you dont have your own collection of tee shirts to use, Im sure you could find several in the Op Shops.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
- 8 DIY Makeup Remover Pads
- Dollar Shirts Never Looked So Good
- How to Make Slippers From Jeans
- No Sew DIY Ironing Board
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- Denim Chevron Cushion
- 10-Minute DIY Toiletry Bag Tutorial
- Denim Rag Quilt Tutorial
- T-Shirt Refashion (Video Tutorial)
- Scottish Scarf Skirt Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners