Modern Rainbow Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This modern quilt is created in a combination of rainbow-colored batiks and different quilting fabrics. Continuing the rainbow theme, a variety of thread colors were used for hand quilting. The quilt is machine pieced, then accented with lines of hand quilting selected from the wide range of colors of Coats & Clark Dual Duty Plus Hand Quilting Thread. The octagon shape lends itself to a wall hanging or a fun table topper. Your choice, your quilt, your colors! Have fun and be creative! "
NotesDesigned by Marie Duncan for Coats & Clark
Complete instructions are our website, Yarnspirations.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Dual Duty Plus Hand Quilting thread
- Dual Duty XP All Purpose thread
- Coats & Clark Cotton Machine Quilting thread
- ¼ yard (.23m) of 12 fabrics in a rainbow of colors
- 2 ¼ yards (2.06m) tone on tone gray cotton
- Cotton Batting
- Safety Pins
All illustrations are on the website. https://www.yarnspirations.com/coats-clark-modern-rainbow-quilt/CCS0501-028642M.html#q=modern+quilt&start=6
Thread with Dual Duty all-purpose thread top and bobbinStitch one 2½” x 5½” (6.35cm x 13.97cm) to 10 of the 5½” x 5½” (13.97cm x 13.97cm) squares.
Press the seams open or to one side.
Lay out the strips and decide the order you want them in. Pin them together. Pin a piece of paper numbering the strips in order, to keep them organized.
Stitch into strips as shown adding the remaining 2½” x 5½” (6.35cm x 13.97cm) strips as needed. Press the seams open or to one side.
Add the side triangle pieces as shown. (diagram on website)8. Press the seams open or to one side.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrappy Stars
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- Halloween Finger Puppets
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- How To Make A Mask Protector
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners