We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
My name is Megan Nielsen - I’m an Aussie independent designer and I love creating sweet, feminine clothing full of pretty details. As a child I used to love playing dress up in my mother's wardrobe, and to this day not only do I still get inspired by the sweet 70's styles that filled her closet, but I get inspired by the feeling I got when I looked in the mirror. I felt simply beautiful. And that's how I want my clothing to make people feel.
I am self-taught and have been sewing since I was 10 years old. I began my love affair with sewing and designing, through ripping up my clothing and remaking it into something unique. I honestly can’t remember a time when I wasn’t making my own clothing – design is a part of who I am. Since then I’ve progressed to drafting all of my own patterns to make my designs come to life- though I still find redesigning old pieces unbelievably fun! In early 2010 I launched my clothing line, and a line of maternity sewing patterns with great success, and since them have been thrilled and grateful by how well my designs have been received.
My most recent project is a website dedicated to helping women make their own maternity and nursing clothing – and I’m excited to see where it goes. My most constant inspirations are found in nature and romance, my favourite fabrics are silks and luxe cottons, and my favourite silhouettes always include a flattering skirt and a defined waist.
More personally, I’m a Australian (though I now live in the USA), a Christian and I’m happily married to the love of my life - we have two gorgeous little children - and I’m incredibly grateful that I am able to pursue my design career as well as raise my children full time.
Megan's Projects on AllFreeSewing.com:
Elastic Waistband Dress
Elastic Waistband Skirt
Skirt From Men's Button Down
Thief and Bandit Braided Headband Knock Off
6 Seam Finishes
European Elbow Patch
Tory Birch Sequin T Shirt Knockoff
Royal Kids Crowns
Read NextJessica Abbott
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 21 Free Fabric Belt Patterns
- Fake It With Fabric- How To Make An Easy Rope Bowl
- Sewing Supplies Organizer
- Cord Organizer Sewing Tutorial
- Easy Sew Plastic Bag Holder
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners