Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
13 Baby Nursery Sewing Projects
These nursery craft ideas are perfect for any baby's room or baby shower gift for a new bundle of joy!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
With a baby on the way, you couldn’t be more excited for what the future holds. You’re so excited for your little bundle of joy to come into the world, and you want to be able to give them everything.
Of course, if you actually try to give them everything, things are going to get a little expensive. That’s why we have these 13 Baby Nursery Sewing Projects, a list full of inspiration from bloggers we love!
A DIY nursery is a great way to save some money. Plus, you get to be more creative and special in your decorating. When you decorate any room primarily with handmade crafts, you’re creating a totally unique space that no one else will have.
Isn’t that the kind of environment you want for your child? They’re the most special thing in your life. Now you can give them a nursery worthy of that with these amazing nursery craft ideas.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns >>>
For the sweetest DIY blankets you can make for a baby, take a look at 40 Easy Baby Blanket Sewing Patterns
13 Nursery Sewing Projects
Our blogger friends are so incredibly creative and this list of DIY nursery decor is merely the tip of the iceberg. Browse our site for even more baby sewing projects and scroll below for a few of our favorite things to sew for a baby nursery. Take a look and see for yourself. DIYing your own decor for a nursery allows you to personalize your decorations in a way that makes you love being in that room even more!
Crib Craft Ideas
- Padded Crib Rail Cover Tutorial by How Does She — Shown below! In this tutorial, Kerri shows us how to make a padded crib rail cover that will save your crib from your child’s teeth.
- How To Make A Crib Canopy by Finding Silver Linings — Turn the crib into a bed fit for a princess with Mindy’s ethereal crib canopy.
- How to Make Crib Bumpers by Miss Bizi Bee — Kaitlin has the right idea when it comes to DIY baby bumpers.
- Ruffled Waterfall Crib Skirt by Emmmy Lizzzy — Shown below! Add some flair to the bottom of the crib with Emily’s ruffled waterfall crib skirt.
If you're looking for more inspiration, check out these 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Sewing Patterns for Home Decor Free eBook
Wall Crafts and Other Hanging Decor
- Simplest Way to Make a Baby Mobile by Project Nursery — Shown below! Simplicity is the name of the game with this adorable mobile by Christy.
- DIY Mobile That Anyone Can Make by Pastels and Macarons — Maria’s fluttering ribbon mobile gives off some major fairy vibes.
- How to Make Easy Fabric Covered Letters for Your Nursery by Hello Splendid — Shown below! Spell out anything, from your baby’s name to an encouraging message, with Jillian’s fabric-covered letters.
- DIY Cloud Garland by Blissfully Blessed — Tamara proves that a cloudy day doesn’t always have to be a bad thing with this cute cloud garland.
- Easy Baby Boy Nursery Wall Art by The Creek Line House — Courtenay shows off her baby’s name with this fabulous wall art tutorial.
Keep the DIY fun going with these baby clothes patterns: 18+ DIY Baby Clothes to Sew
Other DIY Nursery Ideas
- How To Make a Minky Baby Blanket In 30 Minutes by Suzy Quilts — Show below! Wrap your little one up in Suzy’s soft baby blanket.
- No Sew Rabbit Rug DIY by Me Sew Crazy — You don’t even need to know how to sew to create Jessica’s furry rabbit rug.
- DIY Upholstered Rocking Chair by DIY Decor Mom — Show below! Annie knows that your comfort is just as important as your child’s, and this upholstered rocking chair proves it.
- Shabby Chic Lamp Shade by Simply Ciani — Jennifer lights up the room with this gorgeous DIY lampshade.
If you are lost when it comes to unique baby shower gifts, then make something. Our collection has the best ideas you'll find. Check it out here: 16+ Sweet Homemade Baby Shower Gifts to Sew
75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore >>
What's your favorite nursery theme?
Read NextBackpack for Bibs
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 25, 2017
Sep 23, 2017
I think my favorite would have to be Snoopy Woodstock.
Sep 19, 2017
My favorite nursery theme is Disney babies! Works for boys or girls.
Sep 19, 2017
The padded crib rail cover is a great idea - both for the baby and for the parent that has to lean over it. I love the idea of DIY decor for a nursery, too. It's so much more meaningful than buying everything from the store!
Sep 17, 2017
I would love the Simply Red Bernina machine. My favorite nursery rhyme is Wee Willie Winkie
Sep 15, 2017
Both of my nephews have a jungle/animal theme in their nurseries. Although I love the cloud garland from Blissfully Blessed. Might have to incorporate it somehow!
Sep 13, 2017
Oh my gosh, that crib canopy is ADORABLE!
Sep 12, 2017
I love these project ideas! It's so important to personalize your nursery.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easily Maintained Market Totes
What is it that makes these Easily Maintained Market Totes so user-friendly? For one thing, these DIY bags are reusable, meaning that… Continue reading: "Easily Maintained Market Totes"
- Backpack for Bibs
- Wild Things Diaper Changing Pad
- 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
- Grow-With-Me Baby Harem Pants
- How to Make a Baby Bib
- One Yard Baby Tunic
- DIY Baby Blanket With Self Binding Border
- Ultimate Baby Bib Tutorial
- Upcycled 8 x 8 Crinkle Taggie Baby Toy
- Free Baby Swaddle Pattern Easy Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners