8 Awesome DIY Organizers: Sewing Organizer Tutorials
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
How to Make a Soft Baby Blanket (Video)
Learn how to make a self-binding baby blanket with Shannon cuddle!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
You will not believe how easy it is to make this sewn cuddly DIY blanket. Once you see this video and instructions for How to Make a Soft Baby Blanket Video Tutorial, you will be set for every baby shower.
Not only is this a perfect DIY gift for your children or nieces and nephews; but you can also change the dimensions and make one for yourself!
You will fall in love with this handmade blanket tutorial because you can make it so quickly that it is a great, inexpensive last-minute present.
Plus, who doesn't love a plush cuddly blanket, even better a DIY blanket? This how-to video makes it so easy to understand exactly how to make this sewing project every time!
For more sewing inspiration, sign up for our newsletter!
This tutorial is part of National Sewing Month and we hope it sparks your imagination!
Be sure to check out all the projects we shared during September here >> National Sewing Month 2019
How to Make a Soft Baby Blanket Video Tutorial
With our video tutorial to help you out, you'll be a pro in no time! If you're a visual learner, then you will love seeing the blanket walkthrough. Click the play button on the box below to watch the video. Then scroll down to read through the written tutorial.
Download your own copy of our popular FREE eBook and get 10 more beautiful baby blanket patterns.
Get it here >> How to Make a Baby Blanket: 10 Baby Blanket Patterns for Sewing Free eBook
Soft Baby Blanket Instructions
Cuddle or plush fabric
- Cut your fabric into 30-inch squares, and line your fabrics up as best as you can.
- Insert pins every few inches all the way around.
- Put the fabric underneath your presser foot and line it up with the edge.
Tip: DO NOT stitch over your pins. It can really damage your machine. Instead, when you get to the pin, pull it out and continue to stitch.
- When you get to a corner, stop, put your needle down, put your presser foot up, rotate 90 degrees, put your presser foot back down, and continue.
- Stitch all the way around with an 8-inch gap for turning, and remember to leave a hole so you can turn your fabric the right way.
- Clip your corners a couple of threads away from where you stitched, find the hole you left, put your hand in and pull the blanket out the right way. Remember to poke out your corners.
- Pin around all the edges one more time as you did before.
- Sew all the way around again as you did before, but this time sew over the hole you had previously left.
- When you reach the end sew back and forth a few times to lock your stitches in place.
- Tack your quilt down in a couple of places to keep it from ballooning in the wash. To do this fold your blanket in thirds, and then fold it in thirds the other way.
- Place a pin in the four corners to mark it.
- Unfold your blanket, and stitch an X where the four spots you pinned are by pulling out the pin, going forward 1 inch, back one inch, forward to the middle of the line you just made, put your needle down and rotate 90 degrees. Then, repeat the process.
- Repeat this process for the other pin marks. You're done!
About the Author:
This tutorial was presented by our friend Carolina Moore at Always Expect Moore. Visit her blog along with her designer profile to find more of her projects on AllFreeSewing here: Carolina Moore from Always Expect Moore
75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore >>
Who are you making this blanket for?
Share with us in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Mar 09, 2020
I have a suggestion. I have been making baby blankets using this technique for years. After turning it right-side out, instead of using a straight stitch around the edge, I use one of the decorative stitches built into my machine. Sometimes I use matching thread, and other times I use a contrasting color. It's just a simple way to give your project a little bit "extra". You can also use this method to make burp cloths and bibs. It's really quick and easy, and you can make matching sets of useful baby items.
Nov 30, 2017
A blanket is always a good go to gift when you do not know what to get someone and this super simple and quick cuddly one is great. This can be given as a baby shower,new baby,birthday,Christmas orfor anything and great for any age. You can adjust the size to your liking and the fabric too. The video is good but it does get stuck a few times.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners