This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- see all comments
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Rope DIY Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Looking for the latest DIY summer accessory? Look no further than this Rope DIY Bag, perfect for a day at the beach! The ultimate beginner's sewing pattern, this project can make everyone happy. With an easy-to-follow tutorial, this pattern couldn't be more convenient and simple. Whether you are looking for a DIY gift for a friend or want to follow a fun sewing bag pattern, this project has it all! Customize this bag with your favorite colors to really make it your own.
From the Blogger: "Use your basic sewing skills and some humble rope to build a fabulous bag with this easy-to-follow rope bag sewing tutorial. Perfect for the beach, market, or picnics!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextTwo-Print Bag
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 09, 2016
This rope bag is something different than the normal and everyday bags I make but I may be willing to tackle this with this tutorial. I love that there are pictures to help explain the process. This is a very colorful bag and I do love the bright colors. It reminds me of the beach and the rope will dry faster than the fabric and problary last longer and it is so super cool looking. Is sewing with rope really hard?
AFC Editor Annalis a
May 20, 2016
This looks like the perfect bag to add to a summer collection! It seems so roomy and I especially love the blue color of the one shown.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The New Woman's Flapper Dress
If you want to enter a new, personal, fashion era, make The New Woman's Flapper Dress. Chic and cutting edge, you can sew an easy… Continue reading: "The New Woman's Flapper Dress"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- How to Sew a Key Fob
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners