We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Quilters who have a curiosity when it comes to new techniques and quilting practices will love exploring the quilting patterns and tutorials provided in Donna Lynn Thomas’ On-Point Patchwork. This amazing collection, brought to you by the Patchwork Place and Martingale, details the many ways you can use the omnigrid on-point ruler to create fuss-free diagonals. This nifty little tool brings a whole new quilting world to your crafting room and this book is the perfect accessory. Not an owner of an omni on-point ruler? No worries! You can still use traditional cutting and measuring techniques to sew up these quilts.
The quilting patterns in this book are divided into three different categories of difficulty from “Hey, this is easy!” to “Love the challenge!” This diversity of pattern difficulty makes this a great book to purchase for quilters of just about any skill level. New quilters can try the easy patterns and come back to more involved endeavors after some practice. Experienced quilters will enjoy the more difficult patterns but will find value in whipping up some quick and easy quilts too. If you do not have a lot of experience with basic quilting cutting techniques, never fear! The first few sections do a great job of explaining simple and all too important steps like cutting squares and stripping pieces.
No matter what color scheme you are looking to work with while quilting, On-Point Patchwork has a lovely example for you. From colorful baby quilts like the “Summer Starbaby” to more subdued designs for the home like the navy and blue “Snail’s Trail”, each of these designs come with inspiring fabric combos. No matter your end goal, you will not be disappointed.
Quilting pattern books can struggle in finding a good balance between instruction, technique, and design. Sometimes they are far too instructive and lack a library of patterns. On-Point Patchwork is not one of those books. This book is full of instruction by way of lovely designs and patterns. Not only does it show you how to complete certain techniques, it helps you execute them professionally.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win The Marilyn Dress pattern!
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- Cloth Diapers Made Easy
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- 100 Any Size Christmas Blocks
- Enter for your chance to win the Signature Bags and Totes Sewing Bundle Giveaway!
- Button and Stitch
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Stuffed Alligator Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Felt Alligator
- Easy Diy Pillow Covers
- Diy Bedside Or Couch Organizer
- Fun Crop Top Sewing Tutorial
- Upcycled Baby Doll Clothes
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners