- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
By Amy Barickman
Publisher: Amy Barickman, LLC.
ISBN: 10: 0982627009
Inspired by Mary Brooks Picken, internationally known for her work in dressmaking and fashion, this fun guide book is a creative collection of recipes, patterns, project ideas and more. Like Picken, Barickman sets out to educate women and inspire them to embrace domestic hobbies and live a D.I.Y. lifestyle. Unlike many other sewing books, inside Vintage Notions you'll find essays and projects specific to each month of the year. Among 34 seasonal recipes, crafting and decorating ideas Barickman also offers the reader timeless advice on everything from health to style. For anyone new to sewing or for those looking for a handy reference, a glossary of stitches with 150 definitions and 30 stitch diagrams is provided. Use this sewing book to learn about trailblazers like Picken while using age old practices that are still relevant in modern day domestic arts.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 03, 2011
Can't wait for you to post the entry form; this sounds like a lovely book! Maybe you could extend the deadline to make up for the late start?
Ev in Ca
Aug 01, 2011
This sounds like a wonderful old fashion sewing book. I'd love to add this to my library of sewing books.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy Lined Drawstring Bag
Super easy and quick lined drawstring bag tutorial. Over the past few years, the drawstring bags became very popular as an… Continue reading: "Easy Lined Drawstring Bag"
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Sew Serendipity Sewing Workbook
- Simply Sewn
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bags Holders
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners