White Sparkles Holiday Face Mask DIY
Reminiscent of frosty icicles, this festive winter face mask pattern is a delightful festive wearable.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Face masks can be beautiful and embellished for the holidays with bling, beads, rhinestones, ribbon, and bows! There are many creative ways to have your face masks look exquisite and unique. Using some creative ideas and your own imagination, face masks will become your own style and fashion!
This winter-themed White Sparkles Holiday Face Mask DIY is a fun project that will provide you with a festive option in the colder months. This full and exclusive tutorial will walk you through how to make your own.
By using a few white and crystal materials, like sparkly drop beads, shimmery white ribbon, and frosty fabric, your DIY mask will remind you of a chilly winter morning. It's a creative design that will garner lots of compliments.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 1/4 yard of white sparkly fabric
- 1/4 yard of muslin fabric
- White metallic thread
- 5/8" x 1-1/3 yards of white sparkly/shiny ribbon
- Fabric-permanent adhesive ultra-flexible machine washable glue
- Straight pins
- 12" strand of sparkly drop beads
- 2 silver pony beads
- Sewing machine
- Measuring tape
- Iron and ironing board
Take a look at our list to see which were the most popular of the year. We're counting down to see the most popular masks our readers loved this year: 20 Top Fabric Face Masks of 2020
White Sparkles Holiday Face Mask
Enjoy creating your masks! The muslin fabric is used for lining the masks and provides comfort as it is breathable and softer than most fabrics. Pony beads add ease and comfort to adjust the masks. Pull the ribbons through the pony beads to loosen or tighten to fit around the ears.
No more elastic hurting the ears and the ribbons look much prettier. Another idea is to use eyeglass strands to attach to the corner of the masks. Have fun creating and blinging out your masks!
DIY Holiday Face Mask Tutorial:
Cut one square 6-1/2" from white sparkly fabric and 1 square from muslin fabric.
Mark one side the top.
From the top of the muslin square on the "right side of the fabric", use a pencil to mark small placement circles from the top of the mask at the following measurements:
Measure down 1-7/8", 2-1/8", 3-1/8", 3-6/8", and 4-5/8".
Pin right sides together and sew top and bottom in 1/4" seam allowance leaving sides open.
Turn right side out.
Make 3 pleats on each side. Starting at the top marking, fold fabric down to next marking below. Place a pin to keep pleat in place. Make two more pleats bringing the next marking down to the next and the same for the 3rd set of markings. All pleat folds should face towards the bottom of the mask.
Baste over the sides of the mask to keep pleats in place.
Using white sparkly ribbon cut two pieces to fit the ends of the masks.
Fold the long edge of the ribbon in half and place the center of the ribbon on the top center of the mask. Pin the ribbon to top and sew catching in the ribbon on both sides to make a finished edge. Do this with the bottom of the mask too.
Slide top and bottom ribbons through a silver pony bead and make a wraparound knot on the ends of the ribbons.
Use fabric adhesive to glue the dangly bead strand to the top of the mask.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Make the Entire Holiday Mask Set!
Our "White Sparkles" face mask is a pattern (above) like a standard mask. The "Gingerbread Jewels" mask and "Candy Cane Christmas" design are wider face masks. The "Snowmen Angels" design is a shorter width face mask.
All four styles fit and look great on all facial features. It is all about your creativity and making them unique to your own brand and personality. These styles can fit all faces and are hand washable.
Click on the image to enlarge.
13 DIY Face Masks for Kids >>>
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Let us know in the comment section!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Rudolph Christmas Stocking Pattern
- The Cutest DIY Origami Ornaments - Free Template
- Stuffed Christmas Tree
- The Sweetest Mini Christmas Stocking Garland - Free Pattern In 3 Sizes
- Cute Christmas Baby Bib Patterns
- DIY Snowflake Embroidered Christmas Ornaments from Recycled Felt
- Reversible Casserole Carrier
- DIY "Ugly" Christmas Face Mask
- Friendly Little Mice Sewing Pattern
- Rustic Checkered Sewn Napkins
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wine Bag Free Sewing Pattern
- City Joggers Pattern – Starting Your Athletic Leisure Wardrobe
- 7 Holiday Face Mask Patterns
- Diy Hot Pads - 2 Designs
- Handmade Handbag Hacks
- Easy Snowflake Coasters To Sew Free Template
- Easy Unique Christmas Ornament
- DIY Snowmen Angels Face Mask
- Candy Cane Christmas Face Mask Tutorial
- Gingerbread Jewels Fabric Face Mask Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners