The "H" Bag Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The "H" Bag Pattern
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Orange Dot Quilts was only recently created in 2015, but has already come out with so many amazing patterns. Designer Dora Cary loves the color orange and polka dots, which is where the name came from. One of her patterns is called the "H" Bag, which makes a beautiful easy-to-sew "H" bag. Included in the pattern is cutting diagrams, step by step instructions and tips for piecing and fabric requirements.
There are two sizes you can work up this bag in: the jumbo size is 18 inches by 16 inches by 9 inches and the regular size is 16 inches by 13 inches by 8 inches. Regardless of size you'll need 2/3 yards of your main fabric, but the lining fabric for the jumbo size calls for 1 1/3 yards and only 1 yard for the regular size. The shape of this pattern is great to hold your quilting and sewing projects and can even hold your knit and crochet projects as well; it's perfect for holding knitting needles and other supplies. Once the handles are in place you'll enjoy how sturdy it is and you'll even find yourself shopping at the farmer's market or taking it to the beach.
As in all of Orange Dot Quilt patterns, the patterns are printed on quality stock, have fully colored detailed instructions and have a well-designed cover with fabric requirements. If you're looking for a bold fashion statement then you're going to love The "H" Bag.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have an old kitchen canister sitting around that's begging to be repurposed? If you don't, it is time to snag one from the thrift… Continue reading: "DIY Upcycled Sewing Organizer With Pin Cushion"
Chance to Win a Penny Rose Fabrics Hedge Rose Fat Quarter Bundle!
Chance to win the Cottage Mills Puzzlemat!
Chance to win a Quilter's Cutting Mat!
Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker
Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
Chance to win the Chattune Fabric Collection!
Chance to Win a Marcia Baraldi Meander Ruler and Ruler Feet Set!
Festive Forest Fat Quarter Bundle
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Tote
- Heart Softie
- Webbing Straps for Bags
- Mommy & Me Tote Bag Tutorial
- Travel Storage Bags
- Paneled Skirt Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Reusable Produce Bags
- Embroidered Felt Scissor Cover
- Blue Mini Biscornu
- Tote Bag decorated with Pin Tucks
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners