The "H" Bag Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The "H" Bag Pattern
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Orange Dot Quilts was only recently created in 2015, but has already come out with so many amazing patterns. Designer Dora Cary loves the color orange and polka dots, which is where the name came from. One of her patterns is called the "H" Bag, which makes a beautiful easy-to-sew "H" bag. Included in the pattern is cutting diagrams, step by step instructions and tips for piecing and fabric requirements.
There are two sizes you can work up this bag in: the jumbo size is 18 inches by 16 inches by 9 inches and the regular size is 16 inches by 13 inches by 8 inches. Regardless of size you'll need 2/3 yards of your main fabric, but the lining fabric for the jumbo size calls for 1 1/3 yards and only 1 yard for the regular size. The shape of this pattern is great to hold your quilting and sewing projects and can even hold your knit and crochet projects as well; it's perfect for holding knitting needles and other supplies. Once the handles are in place you'll enjoy how sturdy it is and you'll even find yourself shopping at the farmer's market or taking it to the beach.
As in all of Orange Dot Quilt patterns, the patterns are printed on quality stock, have fully colored detailed instructions and have a well-designed cover with fabric requirements. If you're looking for a bold fashion statement then you're going to love The "H" Bag.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This is a practical overnight duffel bag for a sleepover or day at the gym. It has side pockets and an interior that does not require… Continue reading: "Overnight Free Duffle Bag Pattern"
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to Win a Pair of Westcott Sewing Titanium Bonded Thread Snips!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- Win a fat quarter bundle from the Anya Fabric Collection!
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
- Chance to Win a NASA Fabric Fat Quarter!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Happy New Year! And A Free Sewing Pattern!
- Simple Casserole Carrier
- Cute Heart Denim Treat Bags
- Faux Chenille Baby Blanket
- Free Headband Sewing Patterns
- Diy Hair Bows
- Fun Flapper Dress Tutorial
- Easy Sew Laundry Bag
- How to Hand Sew a Seam
- DIY Phone Case Stand
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners