28+ Summer Tops Sewing Patterns
Upgrade your wardrobe with ease this summer with one of these stylish summer shirt patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Summer is here and with that comes high temperatures, days at the beach, and fun vacations. Make sure you are prepared for all your summer adventures in these chic shirts that are perfect for summertime fun! Stay cool and stylish wherever you are with these 28+ Summer Tops Sewing Patterns.
Pick the right sewing patterns for women's tops and you'll be ready for all the cook-outs and summer festivities. There are free summer shirt patterns for everyone and every style. If you are looking to transform some old shirts check out these upcycling shirts patterns that can take your summer style from boring to chic!
Have less than an hour? Quick and easy to make, these shirts make great weekend sewing projects that you can do when you have a free moment. Light, feminine tops are always stylish and look amazing in the summer. The hardest part is deciding which of these summer sewing projects to make first.
All these tanks would be an excellent addition to your summer outfits and are versatile. Wear them under a blazer for work or over your bathing suit to the beach. Step out in these free summer shirt patterns and you are sure to impress everyone!
Table of Contents
Add some serious style to your wardrobe this summer by checking out our collection of fashion-forward maxi dresses! 29 Sewing Patterns for Maxi Dresses + Summer Skirt Patterns
Repurposing T Shirts for Summer
Give new life to your old shirts with these cute sewing projects that make wardrobe refashioning easy. Refashion a men's dress shirt to make a breezy tank. Love the pattern of your muumuu but hate the shape? Transform it into a chic halter top. Or you could always spruce up an outfit by adding some ruffles to a plain tank. These are simple ways for you to update your wardrobe without spending money on all new clothes. If you’re newer to sewing then trying these free summer shirt patterns that work for refashioning because it is a great way to gain fundamental skills. It's cheap and eco-friendly!
- Upcycled Doily Summer TopAfter seeing so many crochet doily tops over different sites, I thought to give it a try and make one for myself. To make the top I used two crochet doily pieces I had around, some shoe laces and some white cotton fabric. You can wear it as a bikini top or combine it with a kimono.
- Resort Chic TopDive into summer sewing patterns with this Resort Chic Top. Nothing says upcycling like learning to make your own clothes, so turn that unsightly muumuu into your favorite outfit by refashioning it into an adorable top!
- DIY Tank TopTransform a men's dress shirt with this DIY Tank Top sewing tutorial. With this wardrobe refashioning project you'll have a flowy summer top in no time! You'll love this easy and breezy tank top that is comfortable as it is charming.
- LOFT Inspired Ruffle TankWhat's better than learning to make your own clothes using a free sewing project? Sewing clothes based on more expensive designs from a store! Try this LOFT inspired ruffle tank for pennies on the dollar!
- Adding a Ruffle to a TankAdding a Ruffle to a Tank is surprisingly easy, thanks to this do-it-yourself shirts project. This tutorial gives you great tips on how to make clothing that fits your personal tastes. By hitting up discount stores, you can transform a one-dollar tank into a customized shirt in your spring wardrobe.
- Flamenco Ruffle TankThis fashionable spring tank is a perfect project for beginning sewers. If you're looking to design and make your own clothes, the Flamenco Ruffle Tank is an affordable place to start. Cute sewing projects like this are simple using only two matching tank tops.
- Women's Corsage ShirtThis sewing pattern is so easy to do you'll wonder why you waited this long. Create cute top with a decorative flower-like accent.
- Summer Loving T-Shirt ReconstructionThis adorable no-sew project is the perfect tank top to create out of an old racer-back tank. The gorgeous open back will keep you breezy cool in the summer months. This Summer Loving T-Shirt Reconstruction the perfect tank to wear at the beach.
Quick and Easy Summer Top Sewing Patterns
If you don't have a lot of time on your hands, check out these free summer shirt patterns that can be made in under an hour. They don't involve a lot of sewing so these tops make great beginner sewing projects. These quick tanks are summer sewing projects that you'll love. It's hot outside so chill out and relax in these cool sewing projects! All it takes is focus, your materials, and these free summer shirt patterns.
- Summer Fun DIY T-ShirtSummer will be here before you know it, so treat yourself to a stylish tee that can be worn casually and dressed up for special occasions. This Summer Fun DIY T-Shirt is a free shirt sewing pattern that comes in a size medium, but that can easily be enlarged and printed off at home.
- 10 Minute TankThis 10 Minute Tank is great for the warmer weather and is super easy to make. Just take an old shirt and with minimal sewing you'll have a top in ten minutes or less! Transform it into a stylish halter by adding some pretty trim or ribbon.
- 30 Minute J Crew Inspired TankIf you have a half an hour, you can make this fashionable tank top. Don't spend full price for the latest styles. Instead, sew this 30 Minute J Crew Inspired Tank yourself!
- You've found a woman's shirt sewing pattern to be excited about. The Pretty Shirred Floral Top is simple to make and easy to wear. The tie found in the back of the shirt allows a perfect fit for different body types. It's a pretty and retro DIY top.
- Anthro Striped Knock Off TopYou'll no longer pine for that pricey piece of clothing once you get your hands on this pattern. This Anthro Striped Knock Off Top looks like it came straight out of the store. Invest some time into this woman's shirt sewing pattern and you'll feel the reward.
- Top with a PopDIY shirt designs like this Top with a Pop are perfect for ladies who like to keep it casual. Using this tutorial, you'll be able to make a top that's both feminine and simple. You won't have to wear the same boring v-neck thanks to this project.
- Silky Scarf Halter TopYou'll fall in love with this beautiful Silky Scarf Halter Top, especially when you find out how cheap it is to make. Scour your thrift store for patterned scarves that you can use in this summer sewing pattern. You won't believe how easy it is to make your own clothes!
- The Best Boxy TopIf you want to add fun and chic clothing to your closet, try making The Best Boxy Top. Don't settle for bland designs when there are tons of cute shirts to make from free sewing tutorials. This DIY shirt is an easy pattern that even a novice seamstress can enjoy.
- 30 Minute Caftan TopIt's easier than you think to sew your own clothing especially with this 30 Minute Caftan Top tutorial. With a beautiful flowy shape this top is perfect for summer nights.
- 15 Minute DIY Party ShirtIf you are looking for a quick, easy-to-make shirt for your next party, give the 15 Minute DIY Party Shirt a try. This project requires a sewing machine and is super easy for beginners since you only need to sew four seams.
Feminine and Trendy Sewing Patterns for Tops
Create a beautiful feminine look for the summer season with these gorgeous tanks. Whether you want some lace, a floral pattern, or a delicate cami these free summer shirt patterns will be great additions to your wardrobe. They are simple sewing patterns for ladies' tops that you can wear day or night! Revive your style with these free summer shirt patterns; it feels good to feel feminine.
- Summer Gingham DIY TopCreate a pretty vintage inspired top straight out of the 1960s with this lightweight shirt with flutter sleeves. This Summer Gingham DIY Top is an easy sewing tutorial that combines basic sewing with pattern drafting, as it links to tutorials for drafting your own patterns.
- Sorbetto TopMake a unique fashion statement this summer and start making your own clothes. Cool, comfy and colorful, this Sorbetto Top is a free summer sewing pattern that will dazzle any fashion designer!
- Lace Back TankGrab a one dollar doily and a tank from your closet to create this thrifty top. The Lace Back Tank will match jeans and skirts in your summer wardrobe, and the design is so adorable and chic! This project doesn't take long to make, and the result is a perfect light top for summer.
- DIY Fresh Fuchsia CamiIf you love to make your own clothes and are looking for fresh, new ideas, check out this DIY Fresh Fuchsia Cami. You can easily turn a basic t-shirt into a pretty Anthropologie-inspired pajama top by following this sewing tutorial.
- Lazy Girl's Gathered TopIf you have a big t-shirt laying around that no one is using, upcycle it by learning to make your own clothes with this Lazy Girl's Gathered Top tutorial. This homemade top is so easy, and it makes a slouchy, bohemian statement.
- Play Ball V-NeckIt's the bottom of the ninth and the bases are loaded. You don't know if your team will pull through, but you do know you're appropriately clad in your Play Ball V-Neck. As a sports fanatic, you were thrilled to find a free shirt pattern that featured 3/4 length sleeves and dual colors to match your team.
- Flirty Ruffle Bust TopYou can dress like a runway model without paying the designer price. Use this tutorial to sew yourself a Flirty Ruffle Bust Top to update your wardrobe without spending big bucks.
- Oh La La TankWhen you step outside on a breezy morning in your Oh La La Tank, you notice more than one head turn. Normally you take no heed of what others think of your appearance, but today you're glad you learned how to sew a tank top from these instructions.
- Create a comfy and stylish tee that embodies all things spring fashion with this Slouchy Striped T-Shirt Pattern. Made using light spring colors, this free t-shirt pattern is the perfect combination of fashion and comfort, and has lace shoulders to add a little bit of edge.
- Pleated Top TutorialThis adorable womens DIY top will soon become one of your favorite summer top patterns. Shirt patterns for women like this Pleated Top Tutorial save you time and allow you to express your unique style.
- 15 Minute Lacy BlazerJazz up your plain blazer in a few easy steps. With just a few materials you can sew this 15 Minute Lacy Blazer to easily add some flair to a formerly-ordinary jacket. Sewing your own clothes can be a fun and rewarding experience.
- 2 Yard Tunic TutorialDesign a figure flattering tunic that's perfect for dressing up or down with this 2 Yard Tunic Tutorial. Made with a chic racerback, this DIY tunic can go from the gym to a night out in no time.
What do you love to wear in the summer months? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Diy Pull Up Fabric Bows
- Free Mama Claus Apron Pattern
- Ripstop Reusable Grocery Bag
- Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament
- Fuzzy Fleece Infinity Scarf
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Yoyo Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners