National Sewing Month 2019
Celebrate with us during the month of September with new videos, free sewing patterns, projects, tips, and more!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Another year has come and gone since the last National Sewing Month. We have been patiently counting down the days for September to arrive once again so that we can show you our brand new set of content, videos, and prizes.
Not only is this month-long celebration a great way for sewists to focus even more on their craft and revel in their skill, but it's the ideal time for beginners or those who have never sewn before to get started and focus on this beloved craft.
Every year we participate in National Sewing Month and last year was our most impressive and popular yet. That is, until now. This year we have five fabulous weeks full of exciting ideas, resources, projects, videos, and so much more to help you learn new abilities or add new projects to your to-sew list.
Check back on this page daily to see the newest piece of content we're releasing. We are so delighted to celebrate National Sewing Month with you during this September. Plus, these pages will be helpful to sewists any time of year so be sure to keep them in mind when you're looking to work on a new project!
Get the latest sewing patterns and tutorials by signing up for our Sewing it Up newsletter!
Welcome to our month-wide promotion for National Sewing Month! This year, our grand prize is so exciting that we can't wait to share all the details with you.
This year we are giving away a Janome Sewist 780DC Sewing Machine valued at $1,099 to one lucky winner! You can enter 5 times a day, so return often to improve your chances of winning. Read all of the rules.
This brand new, state-of-the-art machine is simple to use and perfect for any sewist. It's a fully-computerized sewing machine that is packed with time-saving features. Read through some of those features:
- Machine includes 80 stitches, for many various sewing applications.
- When a stitch is selected, the LCD screen shows the selected stitch, recommended foot, default stitch width and length, which you can change to suit your requirements.
- The Sewist 780DC also offers a choice of 3 styles of one-step buttonholes.
- It features an automatic thread cutter which, when activated, trims the top and bobbin thread at the same time, pulling the top thread to the underside of the fabric.
- Stitch elongation on satin stitches allows the stitch pattern to be elongated of up to 5 times the default stitch length.
- Easy set bobbin system; auto bobbin winder system; built-in needle threader; needle up/down button; and an auto-lock stitch feature for precision locking off of stitches and patterns.
- The start/stop button allows you to sew without a foot control.
Don't forget, to stay updated on everything sewing-related, be sure to subscribe to AllFreeSewing's newsletter, Sewing It Up. You'll see the latest National Sewing Month pages and so much more.
All National Sewing Month Giveaways:
If you thought that the amazing Janome machine was all we were giving away this month, boy, were you mistaken! Below, you can see all of our amazing giveaways throughout the month of September! Enter for your chance to win any of these prizes along with our grand prize, in total, worth nearly $1,500! Again, read the rules here.
- C&T Publishing $200 Gift Card Giveaway - worth $200
- Jungle Green Silk Sari Fat Quarter Giveaway - worth $38.99
- Fabric Palette Whimsical Sheep Super Pac Giveaway - worth $13.99
- Riley Blake Sweet Stems Fabric Stacker Set Giveaway - worth $20
- BONUS! Mystery Prize from our Sewing Prize Closet (for completing our scavenger hunt) - worth $100
Week 1 (9/1–8):
Enter here every day from 9/1–9/30.
Day 4: How to Get Started Sewing Clothes by Rebecca George from Purple and Lime
Day 5: National Sewing Month Scavenger Hunt - play for your chance to win a prize!
Day 6: How to Make a Quilted Potholder
Week 2 (9/9–15):
Day 9: Sewing Inspiration: How to Reignite the Creative Spark by Rose Johnston from Threadbare Creations
Day 10: How to Make a Soft Baby Blanket
and a Facebook Live event with Alexandra from The Hedgehog Hollow:
Day 11: 34 Downton Abbey Sewing Patterns
Day 12: Facebook Live event with Mary Beth from Tailor Made Cosplay:
Day 13: DIY Hanging Laundry Bag (Reversible!)
Day 14: How to Sew Vinyl by Lisa Mecham from Creative Fashion Blog
Week 3 (9/16–22):
Week 4 (9/23–29):
Week 5 (9/30–10/1):
Plus, we made a Best of National Sewing Month 2018 page, so be sure to check it out to see what you may have missed from last year's celebration.
Thanks so much for joining us! We'll see you next year.
- Using the provided entry links above will enter you to win the prizes.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- Winners will be contacted Tuesday, October 1st, by the e-mail address provided with the submission form (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments).
- You have until Monday, September 30th at 11:59pm EST to enter. Submissions after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
Do you prefer to hand sew or machine sew?
Let us know in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew Vinyl
- Riley Blake Sweet Stems Collection
- DIY Hanging Laundry Bag (Reversible!)
- How to Make Twine
- Quilted Sewing Machine Mat
- Go Green Reusable Grocery Bag
- Thick & Thirsty Cleaning Cloths
- Janome Sewist 780DC
- Embroidered Mason Jar Lid
- Bracelet Bag
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners