23 Beginner Sewing Videos and Learn to Sew Tutorials
By: Kaylee, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
23 Beginner Sewing Videos and Learn to Sew Tutorials showcases our best sewing videos for beginners. From learning how to pick out a sewing machine to how to sew a straight stitch, these sewing videos and resources for beginners are here to hold your hand, making the intimidating world of a brand new hobby welcoming and warm. With sewing for beginners videos and tutorials like these, you will be an expert sewist in no time!
Free sewing patterns and beginner sewing projects are virtually useless without the proper basics. Many sewists come to our site looking to learn how to sew and while we do have a wide variety of sewing project ideas for every level, some newbies need just a little more handholding. This is why AllFreeSewing.com has decided to make it a priority to provide beginner sewing tutorials that not only allow our readers to learn how to sew stunning projects, but show them how to master the skills they will need along the way.
On the hunt for beginning sewing projects? Check out our sewing patterns free eBook, Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners.
23 Beginner Sewing Videos and Learn to Sew Tutorials
Table of Contents
How to Use a Sewing Machine and Sewing Machine Maintenance
Working with Different Types of Fabric
How to Use a Sewing Pattern
Learn to Sew: Sewing for Beginners How-Tos
Basic Sewing Tools and Resources
Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out our newest sewing video!
In this day and age, most of your sewing is going to happen on a sewing machine. So, if you want to learn to sew, you are going to have to learn how to use a sewing machine. These tutorials show you which machine you should purchase, how to sew on a machine, how to clean your sewing machine, and more.
- Sewing Machine Straight Stitch
- How to Use a Sewing Machine
- Parts of a Sewing Machine Video
- Repair Sewing Machine Tension Problems
- Sewing Machine Maintenance: How to Clean a Sewing Machine
- Parts of a Sewing Machine: How to Wind a Bobbin, Sewing Machine Needle Sizes, Etc
- Sewing Machine Maintenance: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Your First Sewing Machine: Tips from Our Readers
Find free sewing patterns for beginners in our collection of 200+ DIY Sewing Projects by the Minute.
If you are going to learn to sew, you will have to know a little bit about fabric. Each and every fabric has its own specific sewing tips and tricks. Fabric comes with its very own vocabulary, as well. Before you run out and purchase different types of fabric for different sewing project ideas, check out these working with fabric tutorials.
- Fabric Terms Explained
- Sew for Beginners: Types of Fabric
- Working with Different Types of Fabric
- What Types of Thread to Use: A Guide
Learn how to use a sewing pattern by watching these sewing videos and reading these helpful guides. If you are brand new to sewing, printable and digital sewing patterns can be very confusing. Learn the language of sewing patterns, what all those little symbols mean, and how to print digital patterns with these articles and videos.
- How to Read a Sewing Pattern
- Digital and Traditional Sewing Patterns
- Sewing Tips and Tricks: How to Pin a Pattern
- How to Alter a Pattern
If you're looking to try out a digital sewing pattern, check our our list of 20+ Free Printable Sewing Patterns.
When you are learning to sew, how-tos are your go-to for learning new skills. This section of sewing for beginners how-tos will help you learn how to sew from the experts.
Brand new sewists and experienced seamstresses will appreciate these sewing resources and lists. If you do not understand a sewing term or are looking to stock your sewing room, check out these tools and resources.
- List of Basic Sewing Tools
- Must-Have Sewing Tools and Equipment
- Glossary of Sewing Terms
- Tips and Tricks from Our Blog
- Our Sewing Videos on Youtube
Our Newest Sewing Video: Learning the Parts of Your Sewing Machine
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Choosing a Sewing Machine: Plastic vs Metal Sewing Machines
- Scribbly Stitching Tutorial
- 23 Beginner Sewing Videos and Learn to Sew Tutorials
- Make Your Own Pattern
- How to Resize a Bra
- No Knot, No Tail
- Printable Sewing Machine Practice Sheets
- Easy Way to Sew an Invisible Zipper
- How to Use a Sewing Machine: Getting Comfortable
- Guide to Mastering Different Stitches [Infographic]
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- American Girl Crafts
- Anna Wilson from Tea and a Sewing Machine
- Simply Summer DIY Wrap Skirt
- Lovely Lace DIY Slip Dress
- Convertible DIY Bodysuit
- One Yard DIY Ballet Skirt
- 10-Minute DIY Toiletry Bag Tutorial
- Pre-Tied Bow Tie with Adjustable Neck Strap
- Gingham DIY Baby Quilt
- Kids' DIY Pillow Bed